• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking Eight Potential QB Trade Targets for Panthers

KatsAzz

13 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

The rating on Gardner Minshew caught my eye and made me wonder if the Panthers were even checking him out. " Admittedly, there are other young QBs on this list who are superior athletes with a higher ceiling. That said, Minshew has enticing qualities and has made enough flashy throws to convince us that he can be a well above-average starter in the NFL. With the right pieces around him, he might even be a Pro Bowler. Trading for Minshew is exactly the kind of low-risk, potential high-reward move that championship teams make. There may be no other player who could offer this franchise more overall value in a trade."

Edited by KatsAzz

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Minshew reminds me a lot of Jake Delhomme and I say that as a good thing.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading for him if the draft doesn't fall our way, but there's no way I'd have him at #1 and be saying absolutely no to Carr. That seems insane to me.

If we could pick him up for a low round draft pick I would be onboard with signing him.  I think given the proper weapons he could thrive in our offense.  Not saying he's my #1 choice but if it meant starting TB5 or signing Minshew.  I'd rather sign Minshew.

My priority list.

Trade for Watson

Trade up for Wilson/Fields

Trade a lower round pick for Tribisky or Minshew

Whatever is necessary to keep TB5 from under center in 2021. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

6 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If we could pick him up for a low round draft pick I would be onboard with signing him.  I think given the proper weapons he could thrive in our offense.  Not saying he's my #1 choice but if it meant starting TB5 or signing Minshew.  I'd rather sign Minshew.

My priority list.

Trade for Watson

Trade up for Wilson/Fields

Trade a lower round pick for Tribisky or Minshew

Whatever is necessary to keep TB5 from under center in 2021. 

Trubisky is FA, so we wouldn't have to trade anything for him.

11 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Why on earth would we go after any vet at this point?

I agree with you but I am a bit nervous. 

They might not be convinced they can get who they want at 8 and they might not be willing to give up the resources to trade up.

Personally I'm hoping we can get a rookie without giving up much and letting him develop.  Not a big fan of hoping vet guys improve magically.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Verge said:

I don't really see Jacksonville parting with Minshew. They get one of the best backups in the NFL on an insanely good contract. It would likely take a 1st round pick.

While I do dig the marriage of Jake Delhomme and Uncle Rico into one man....

I don't co-sign on giving up a 1st for a 6th rounder who has gone 7-13.   I think we can find a high ceiling backup in the draft.