• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sewell

bythenbrs

12 minutes ago, Varking said:

To me he is the best player in the draft like Chase Young was last year. If he is there when we pick we have to take him. That being said, just like Chase Young, there is no way he falls to us. 

I've done a few mock drafts and a couple of times, Sewell has been available at 8. I didn't take him because I know how ridiculous that is. Unfortunately, those mock drafts tend to drop several players that absolutely will not drop. Pretty sure Trey Hill isn't gonna be available in the 5th round.

Edited by Pup McBarky
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Dolphins may be too pricey--what a lucky deal that was, to get Houston's pick--and Cincy may not budge.  Dare we trade with Atlanta?  They are unlikely to agree to a deal that would send a top QB to a rival.  So that leaves Philly, and they may be the best trade partner, if you do not think a team like Dallas (rumors) or Denver or SF, or NE---will offer them more.  In fact, there is no indication that Detroit is sold on Goff.

So for us to have a winning culture, we win a meaningless game and miss out on what might be the best QB draft in years.  Stupid, if you ask me.

The best move is to bring in a veteran like Trubiski or trade for Minshew, trade back in the first, and build capital for 2022.  If the QB does the job, great.  If not, you stand a better chance of grabbing your franchise in 2022 than in 2021.

It just seems to me that beating Washington cost us a first round draft pick---in 2022--because I see few scenarios where that pick is not part of a package.  That is what this winning culture in a meaningless game cost us.  Still mad at the chest pounding stupidity.  There was nothing wrong with getting a long look at Grier in that game-trying to win.  Nothing wrong with playing your rookie CBs.  Not us.  We gotta hang that 5-11 banner.

It would have been hard to lose the Foreskins game.  As somebody pointed out in another thread, it was typical Ron Rivera.  Big game for them, a lot on the line, we were not exactly an opponent that strikes fear in opposing players, the ability to sew things up and have a week to breath before the playoffs, and they go out and look like the Keystone Kops.  Had they played the 1976 Bucs, history would have been made.

That game virtually not loseable from the start, and not due to anything we did.  In fact, the 76 Bucs would have given us a tough game unless the defense salvaged it.

Washington didn't exactly distinguish themselves the following week, either.  Our misfortune was not losing to them, but having them or anybody from the NFCE on the schedule in the dying weeks of the season.  From what I saw, the only NFCE team that had a pulse at the end might have been the Giants, and it was very weak.

We still have so many roster holes that we could be drafting top-10 again next year.  Rhule seems to have the team ready to play every week, and the team tends to perform better than the sum of the individual players, but we are not exactly stacked or even solid at most positions. 

Otherwise, yep.  Any trade for a starting QB of any quality is probably going to take the 2022 first, and maybe then some depending on who it is.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The four QB's should be the priority but if Slater or Sewell drop, that should be the pick. Outside of that, whatever "can't miss" prospect is available. Maybe the LSU WR?

I can’t see the Eagles letting JaMarr Chase get past them. He’s was by far the best WR on the LSU roster last year on a team that had Justin Jefferson on it. They need pass catching help in the worst way and he’s the best WR prospect in the last few drafts. 

32 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

You take the QB, it's been made clear that TB isn't it, and the 2022 QB class is limited, we are likely not picking inside the top 10 again next off-season. You take the QB while he's there, we're going to have substantial cap space after this season. 

I thought the 2022 QB class was limited as well but a few 2021 possibles are returning, and if they develop, this could be a better class than in 2021.  Let's face it, in 2021 we have 4 QBs and some other question marks.  In 2022, I see 4 top QBs, but none with Trevor's skill set, but the top 4 in 2022 as it stands now could compete with the 3 other first round QBs, Fields, Lance, and Wilson.  I think the following will be first round selections:

Spencer Rattler Oklahoma

Sam Howell North Carolina

Jayden Daniels Arizona State

Kedon Slovis Southern California

JT Daniels Georgia

Tyler Shough Oregon

These 3 QBs have  potential, and they could rise with a good 2021 season: 
Desmond Ridder Cincinnati 
Brock Purdy Iowa State
Tanner Morgan, Minnesota
So I see 2022 as a good year for QBs, but they are different animals-not all fit all systems.  I would say the depth is going to be better, but the star quality is a bit underwhelming at this time. 

Just now, Varking said:

I can’t see the Eagles letting JaMarr Chase get past them. He’s was by far the best WR on the LSU roster last year on a team that had Justin Jefferson on it. They need pass catching help in the worst way and he’s the best WR prospect in the last few drafts. 

It just depends on what shakes out. This is also a draft that is a little top heavy on WR prospects. Perhaps they aren't as sold on Hurts as they claim(I certainly wouldn't be) and they take a QB? 

The offseason is already so crazy so far, it makes getting a read on most of those top ten teams super difficult.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I thought the 2022 QB class was limited as well but a few 2021 possibles are returning, and if they develop, this could be a better class than in 2021.  Let's face it, in 2021 we have 4 QBs and some other question marks.  In 2022, I see 4 top QBs, but none with Trevor's skill set, but the top 4 in 2022 as it stands now could compete with the 3 other first round QBs, Fields, Lance, and Wilson.  I think the following will be first round selections:

Spencer Rattler Oklahoma

JT Daniels Georgia

Tyler Shough Oregon

Brock Purdy Iowa State
Tanner Morgan, Minnesota
So I see 2022 as a good year for QBs, but they are different animals-not all fit all systems.  I would say the depth is going to be better, but the star quality is a bit underwhelming at this time. 

Right now I wouldn't rate any of those 2022 QB's ahead of the top 4 QB's in this class. Maybe Rattler but I think that is a stretch too.

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Spencer Rattler Oklahoma

JT Daniels Georgia

Tyler Shough Oregon

Brock Purdy Iowa State
Tanner Morgan, Minnesota

Don't want any of them, Fields, or Lance are my preference. They have star+ potential, and elite NFL athleticism to go with their arm talent. Considering we will be building the OL over a year or so, a guy that can escape and make plays off schedule is a must. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Right now I wouldn't rate any of those 2022 QB's ahead of the top 4 QB's in this class. Maybe Rattler but I think that is a stretch too.

I see Rattler and Howell--right now--getting drafted before Lance and Fields--and I may be exaggerating a small bit--but there is some paralleling between 2021 picks 2-4 and 2022 picks 1-3. It was a bad year to show your skill set. I do see a full season in 2021 producing another elite QB or two. 

Waiting another year to see if this happens or that happens is not an aggressive approach.  I hope we do something now, just without selling the farm to buy a prize cow.

6 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Don't want any of them, Fields, or Lance are my preference. They have star+ potential, and elite NFL athleticism to go with their arm talent. Considering we will be building the OL over a year or so, a guy that can escape and make plays off schedule is a must. 

In fairness, I am probably the worst evaluator of QB talent ever.  But if you compare the group now to this group now--no doubt.  A year with a normal football schedule will help the 2022 group.  What would you have said about Burrow in 2019, for example?  It is like comparing a rose to a bulb yet to bloom--a star to a sun---a tadpole to the mighty bullfrog---a--Ok, I am back!🥱

Seriously, I agree with you, but I like to challenge conventional wisdom and take a look from a different perspective. 

Edited by MHS831

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we don't answer the QB question elsewhere, then any pick other than QB is going to be deeply disappointing.

So you would rather them reach for a mediocre QB or overpay in a trade for one (other than Watson) than draft Sewell?

I want a QB too. But we shouldn’t force it for the sake of if Wilson/Fields/Lance are off the board. Jones and Trask suck and it amazes me people would be okay with that in the 1st lol

17 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I see Rattler and Howell--right now--getting drafted before Lance and Fields--and I may be exaggerating a small bit--but there is some paralleling between 2021 picks 2-4 and 2022 picks 1-3. It was a bad year to show your skill set. I do see a full season in 2021 producing another elite QB or two. 

Waiting another year to see if this happens or that happens is not an aggressive approach.  I hope we do something now, just without selling the farm to buy a prize cow.

Nah, I wouldn't take Rattler or Howell ahead of either of them. Maybe Wilson but that is a stretch too.

Those guys may be a little more ready to step in and play right away than Lance but neither of them have anywhere near the ceiling that Lance does and Fields to an extent.

Considering we were willing to shop #8 and then some for Stafford, I think this regime will do all it can to trade up and draft the next face of the franchise. #3, or #5 since a trade with ATL at #4 is out of the question. 

I still can't see NYJ taking a QB at #2, Darnold was billed highly and NYJ has been a dumpster fire since he's been there from a coaching perspective, with some knock it out the prospects available if I'm the NYJ I'm inclined to pick a stud (Sewell / Smith / Chase), or trade back and accumulate more picks inside the top 10-15 if a partner is available since they have a franchise capable yet to be proven QB on the roster with three years left at rookie pay.