• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sewell

bythenbrs

We may see four QB’s taken in the first 8 picks.  What are the realistic scenarios where Sewell is still on the board at 8?  If he is, I think you have to take him.  But what if Trey and Sewell are both still on the board at 8?  Teams don’t get to choose in this draft position often and when you do, you can’t afford to whiff.  Sewell looks like a high probability, long term solution at a position where we perennially have a dumpster fire.  

Trey may be a future franchise QB but at draft time, he is still developmental.  There is some level of risk.  You may whiff.

Choose Sewell.  

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

We may see four QB’s taken in the first 8 picks.  What are the realistic scenarios where Sewell is still on the board at 8?  If he is, I think you have to take him.  But what if Trey and Sewell are both still on the board at 8?  Teams don’t get to choose in this draft position often and when you do, you can’t afford to whiff.  Sewell looks like a high probability, long term solution at a position where we perennially have a dumpster fire.  

Trey may be a future franchise QB but at draft time, he is still developmental.  There is some level of risk.  You may whiff.

Choose Sewell.  

I would run to the podium for this guy

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sewell making it past the Bengals at #5 would be almost as shocking as the Jags picking anyone other than Lawrence.

I’m by no means a draft expert but a fair few media personalities prefer Rashawn Slater to Sewell.

Slater’s apparently has experience playing all 5 OLine spots. I don’t know how else to justify it because Sewell has always looked like a plug and play 10 year pro at LT.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

I’m by no means a draft expert but a fair few media personalities prefer Rashawn Slater to Sewell.

Slater’s apparently has experience playing all 5 OLine spots. I don’t know how else to justify it because Sewell has always looked like a plug and play 10 year pro at LT.

If you're drafting an OL in the top 5 and he ends up playing anything other than LT then that's gotta be a little disappointing IMO.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of love for Slater over Sewell. We could have one of them and pick up a qb with one if the picks we didn't trade away. Hell, Teddy might even be better if he gets another second or 2.

Another second or two just means more time to find that checkdown. Hell, maybe being sped up wouldn't give him time to get to the checkdown.

12 minutes ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

I saw some ranking/mock yesterday that had the Bengals picking Slater over Sewell, the "big four" QBs being gobbled up before we draft, and Sewell sitting there for us at #8 and being picked.

I don't think it is as incredibly unlikely as some have posted, but I do think it is unlikely.  But, with 7 teams ahead of us, if 4 take QBs that only leaves 3 other picks.  I realize some here think the big four, Jones, Sewell, Slater, Surtain, Darrisaw, Farley, Pitts, and Parsons will all be gone by the time the #8 pick comes around, but something tells me that is not likely to happen.

• Pie 1