• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

610-WFNZ...no Mac & T-Bone today?

SizzleBuzz

24 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Also, someone said they are airing ESPN radio? Is this true?
that’s even more odd because Espn has a Charlotte (competing) affiliate. WFNZ runs national CBS sports. 

management could have sold the stations and not told anyone until the very last minute, big changes, etc. 

That was an error on my part --- definitely filling the air time with national guys from CBS Sports Radio.  Bill Reiter on now, he is unlistenable.

FYI...ownership of the stations (WFNZ & WBT) changed back in early November.  Entercom and a company called Urban One swapped some stations in different markets. 

Urban One positions itself as:

"...the largest diversified media company that primarily targets Black Americans and urban consumers in the United States. We provide advertisers with a unique and powerful delivery mechanism to the African-American and urban audiences through our national multi-media operations."

36 minutes ago, 4Corners said:
44 minutes ago, PantherJD said:

It can't be "not a big deal" if they're ignoring it - otherwise, somebody would say something.  Was there a COVID outbreak in the studio and they had to shut it down for a few days?

Their studio is in the same building as WBTV, 1079 The Link, and 1110WBT. 

I would think it could possibly be a contract dispute with their parent company (Entercom) or maybe they just didn’t pay their rent this month lol 

1110-WBT radio programming going on as usual and the girl who does the traffic reports for both stations is on WBT today so COVID complications seem unlikely --- and that would be a story unto itself, no way to keep that under wraps.

Some weird things been going on there since the Hitman (Tony DiGiacomo, GM) was exited. 

Swapping Bailey out of drive-time for Wilson made no sense.  Wilson's partner Parcells left with no explanation.  Stan Norfleet recently add, he really sucks. 

Will be interesting to watch... 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

1110-WBT radio programming going on as usual and the girl who does the traffic reports for both stations is on WBT today so COVID complications seem unlikely --- and that would be a story unto itself, no way to keep that under wraps.

Some weird things been going on there since the Hitman (Tony DiGiacomo, GM) was exited. 

Swapping Bailey out of drive-time for Wilson made no sense.  Wilson's partner Parcells left with no explanation.  Stan Norfleet recently add, he really sucks. 

Will be interesting to watch... 

yeah this is pretty odd, I would think there is a contract dispute. If it was something internal like a Covid outbreak or signal not working they would have mentioned it. 

• Beer 1

Sport Radio is mostly pretty annoying and I find their lineup on par. I'm not commenting on the actual radio guys but that place always seems to have been run by amateurs.  They change thing way too often. They used to have guys miss their shows for dental appointments.....when they are on air for like 3 hours in the day. Just seemed so easy to schedule around like anyone else on earth would do. 

Edited by Moo Daeng

Just now, 4Corners said:

There still is no public info on why Chris Kroeger was abruptly fired as Hornets PxP; which makes me think it was pretty serious and a non disclosure was signed. Probably dippin or trying to dip his pen in the company ink. His career really took a hard nose dive. 

I’d like to know what happened with him as well

he was doing hornets games on radio, android was pretty good

he just vanished without a trace