• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

610-WFNZ...no Mac & T-Bone today?

SizzleBuzz

31 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

It could be Covid related. You aren’t supposed to talk about it. We got an email from our corporate HR when this mess started saying if you know someone in the company who catches it you best not talk about it. 

It's not covid related -- the building is open and operating as usual. 

This was confirmed by the lady answering the phone who said "if it was a covid issue I would not be here today".

• Poo 1

54 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What happened to Parcells?

Another unexplained departure.  He announced it on his own twitter page and was very forceful about being sure the message that it was his decision, and his alone, rang through loud and clear. 

Nick Wilson single-handedly demarcates the lowest common denominator in sports radio --- absolutely cannot believe he occupies the drive-time slot in Charlotte.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Another unexplained departure.  He announced it on his own twitter page and was very forceful about being sure the message that it was his decision, and his alone, rang through loud and clear. 

Nick Wilson single-handedly demarcates the lowest common denominator in sports radio --- absolutely cannot believe he occupies the drive-time slot in Charlotte.

It must be personal with you. I have no issue with him and find him better than most there. I don't need a day full of homers blowing sunshine.

18 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:
20 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

It must be personal with you. I have no issue with him and find him better than most there. I don't need a day full of homers blowing sunshine.

Now that is funny!

If you only knew...

(sorry, hit send too soon and could not get in to edit)

...problem is CLT has been starved for any decent sports radio, or frankly, sports media coverage of any kind...

...if all a person has ever been fed is Spam, they might actually think it is good.

And you are correct, WFNZ is homer central...

BTW, there's a new show in 730-ESPN at 2pm ever day that's off to a nice start...all sports, no homerism to speak of (in fact, the opposite), and virtually no time wasted on sophomoric locker-room type "humor".

• Poo 4

Living on the coast I use the RADIO app to listen in the morning. Other parts of the state cover the CLT teams but not well. 

I’m ok with their homerism.  Why would I care to listen to “the northeast media “ on ESPN . 
The Raleigh ( the buzz ) station  covers the ACC better in the afternoon.  

What I don’t understand is the WFNZ programming on Saturday & Sunday morning.. The biggest sports days in the week and I get home improvement or financial advise .. WTF ?? 
Is that what sells in CLT ?? 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

BTW, there's a new show in 730-ESPN at 2pm ever day that's off to a nice start...all sports, no homerism to speak of (in fact, the opposite), and virtually no time wasted on sophomoric locker-room type "humor".

Wow, Bobby Rosinski still has a job?  Guy has been around forever, and still can't draw listeners.

• The D 1

Fuuug, this is the first I've heard about Kroegs getting canned. I really liked Chris, since way back then. I remember being stoked for him when he got that PxP job. I used to listen to WFNZ everyday back in the QCB days. I haven't listened to it regularly in years. The morning show is my least favorite.

When Marc Packer leftd, I basically stopped listening. I know hes not everyone fav, just like any other host. I did like the whiner line and QCB bits "big big big BIG diamonds!!, we got 5 of dem!!" And I hate the blowboys, but laughed about QCB triggering half the listeners. Packer would give him poo for not having any content/material all the time. Lebron "Ugly" James, was another reminds me of @4Corners triggering folks. Wish some of the old content was on youtube...

I still check in for the panthers stuff on podcast, hate the web-site doesnt allow ghosty extension. Now after listening for 4 minutes, it refreshes on its on too. About to fully quit. I just listen to guests, pay no attention to host at all. Only panther content and maybe Rick Bonnell once a year. 

• Beer 1