• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marcus Mariotta?

raleigh-panther

3 minutes ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

We already made one back up our starter why would we get him? Think

you think

Remind you that Tannehill was a starter. Then Backup. Then started for the Titans 

everyone tries to draft or trade for the next Brady or Mahomes. 

sometimes, that isnt possible and for a team that is basically getting four maybe five new Olinemen, or needs to, mariota mightn't be a bad stop gap 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 2

What you guys in The Draft Sewell/Address Other Needs Crew fail to understand is this.

If we address other needs we will start winning 7 to 10 games a year and will never be able to cheaply ( FA or trading firsts to move up) get a QB.

People are so short sighted. This was the year to suck. One year rip the band aid off and move on.

But no Rhules phucking ego clouds his vision. He thinks it's college and he can build a program and recruit a stud QB.

Well when you do that in the NFL you have to mortgage the future with losing draft picks or salary cap or both.

Edited by Catsfan69
  • Poo 4

12 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

What you guys in The Draft Sewell/Address Other Needs Crew fail to understand is this.

If we address other needs we will start winning 7 to 10 games a year and will never be able to cheaply ( FA or trading firsts to move up) get a QB.

People are so short sighted. This was the year to suck. One year rip the band aid off and move on.

But no Rhules phucking ego clouds his vision. He thinks it's college and he can build a program and recruit a stud QB.

Well when you do that in the NFL you have to mortgage the future with losing draft picks or salary cap or both.

Im  not short sighted at all

i would prefer they draft a QB 

unfortunately, that little ‘culture building’ win combined with several other teams with QB needs with a lot more to offer and the Panthers failure to address the oline has changed the dynamic

I Would prefer they stay at 8 and if the guy they want is there, take him 

the  Panthers brain  trusts have also run their mouths so much that they are going to be viewed as desperate and that only lessens their bargaining ability 

• Pie 2

34 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/09/panthers-most-veteran-qb-trade-talks/?fbclid=IwAR3qbf_uSTNAFdGRO3HWU51AF-N6TfrN3C4O3vdxlu435k6ulon3sqFvo7k

Why not. Young. Mobile. Firmer number one.  Wouldn’t be as expensive 

could buy time as the Panthers address all the other needs. 

I thought we wanted someone who could pass better than Teddy?

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He played pretty well in LV, but if the Raiders thought they had something there, they would be trading Carr now.  I do not see it.

I think they are shopping Carr.

The problem is that is a loaded statement on my part.  The coach is Jon Gruden.  He has wanted to trade Carr since day one.  If Mariota becomes the starting QB, then he will want to trade Mariota.  If Mahomes were to wind up in Las Vegas after Mariota, he would want to trade Mahomes.  The man has never met a QB he didn't want to unload.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1