• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Non QB/OT going in the top 8?

Martin

I would be happy with one of the four QBs or two OTs. I prefer a QB, but solidifying the LT spot is a great “consolation prize”.

That means two other positions have to be picked before us. Seems like a slam dunk, but who would it be? Would it be two WRs, a CB, TE?

• Pie 1

I think you nailed the 3 likely positions.

WR seems likely.  Miami needs multiple badly.  Bengals, Eagles, Lions could all use at least one too.  Chase is a feature WR prospect, Smith is super versatile and Waddle is a speed freak.

Farley or Surtain look like the 2 if you need a CB. Only team that doesn't need a corner in the top 8 is Miami probably (maybe the Bengals could wait too)

Pitts is a freak and absolutely should go top 10 but is only a question because of position importance.

I'd guess if teams don't take a 3rd OL prospect it would be 2 WRs

• Pie 1

I’ve been thinking about this too and your guess is as good as mine. 

I don’t think it’s unrealistic for the 4 QB’s and the 2 LT’s to go 1-6.

On the flip side I can see Lance and Fields both falling to us, Slater possibly being there too. 

It’s going to be such a unpredictable draft. I can’t imagine there will be too many teams willing to trade future draft picks to move up in this draft due to limiting scouting. I could see some teams willing to trade most of their later round picks to move up a few spots to get a guy who they actually know well.

As for your initial question, my guess would probably be Chase. Between Miami, Cincy, Detroit and Philly one of these teams will probably take him. 

• Pie 2

If the QBs and OTs are gone I'd much rather trade down.

That said I wouldn't hate Surtain or Parsons at 8. 

I think Surtain gets smoked by guys like Ridley and J.J. in the NFC, but he matches up very well against tons of other NFC talents like Adams, DHop, and Robinson (if he sticks around), not to mention guys like MT and Evans in our division. 

Parsons doesn't need much explanation. I like him a lot as a Blitzer too. Pair him up with Shaq next season and if we can get a replacement for Shaq we can cut him or just keep Shaq around as a solid vet.

Wouldn't hate either pick if we had too but again much rather stock up on picks.