• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SI Report + Houston NFL reporter of 45 years: It's beyond over for us (Deshaun Watson)

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

Adamantly telling teams they aren't accepting them doesn't sound like it would serve their interests. It's in their interest to get more offers, not fewer.

Not if they really don't want to trade him.

General consensus is they're not just trying to drum up offers. They really mean it.

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why would the Texans insist on trading him only to an in-conference opponent? Sorry, that's just not adding up.

Zach Wilson

Because of the previous coach and Gm their cap situation isn't great the next few years.  Their draft pick situation isn't great either.

Their best chance of improving, if they lose Watson, is to hit on a rookie QB and they might like Wilson a good bit more than Fields or Lance.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:
4 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Adamantly telling teams they aren't accepting them doesn't sound like it would serve their interests. It's in their interest to get more offers, not fewer.

Not if they really don't want to trade him.

General consensus is they're not just trying to drum up offers. They really mean it.

Amazing how many folks have completely eliminated the no-trade under any circumstances option  from the set of possible outcomes...

...shortsighted on their part. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz

ESPN just ran a segment where they said sources have said there is a list of teams Watson is interested in. They didn’t reveal all the teams but two of the were Denver and San Fran. The jets were “eh, probably not”.

Thats two places now that have said he doesn’t want to go to NYJ. Matt Miller has a source that told him that last week and now ESPN is saying the something similar. 

I dont think Caserio trades him anyway, but I don’t see it being the Jets if they do. I think that’s a bad move on their part (not trading him at all), Why keep a guy that has made it adamantly clear he doesn’t want to be there? Houston is a mess.

16 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

ESPN just ran a segment where they said sources have said there is a list of teams Watson is interested in. They didn’t reveal all the teams but two of the were Denver and San Fran. The jets were “eh, probably not”.

Thats two places now that have said he doesn’t want to go to NYJ. Matt Miller has a source that told him that last week and now ESPN is saying the something similar. 

I dont think Caserio trades him anyway, but I don’t see it being the Jets if they do. I think that’s a bad move on their part (not trading him at all), Why keep a guy that has made it adamantly clear he doesn’t want to be there? Houston is a mess.

Fowler clarified on his Twitter that he didn't mean the Jets are an absolute no, just that there are other teams Watson finds "more intriguing".

The ones with a real preference for the Jets would likely be the Texans because of what the Jets can offer in return.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fowler clarified on his Twitter that he didn't mean the Jets are an absolute no, just that there are other teams Watson finds "more intriguing".

The ones with a real preference for the Jets would likely be the Texans because of what the Jets can offer in return.

I get it, but my point is that’s two sources that have now said Jets aren’t it for him. “Probably not” isn’t a no, but it’s not reassuring. Like I said, he probably won’t be traded anyway.