• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alternate Trade Up Scenario

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, panthers320 said:

So you only consider it multiple 1sts if we trade away 3 1st round picks (this year and 2 future picks)?

If we trade our #8 for a #3, we didn't "trade away" another first. We literally get one in return. 

So the cost of that pick swap was one first(2022), a third and a fifth.

3 minutes ago, panthers320 said:

If we trade #8 and a future 1st for Watson it's multiple 1sts but if we trade #8 and a future 1st to move up to 2 its not multiple 1sts? Both are multiple 1sts

That is trading a player for picks. We get no 1st round pick in return for our first round pick(s).

Edited by kungfoodude

It doesnt happen in the NFL but say the Jets drafted Wilson at #2 then immediately turned to the panthers and said we will give you his rights for the #8 and next years 1st. In your logic we would be giving up multiple 1sts for him, but had we traded #8 and next year's 1st to the Jets before the pick was made and we made the pick ourselves we would not be giving up multiple 1st. Please explain that. 

11 minutes ago, panthers320 said:

but that 1st round pick turns into a player. Either way you would be trading away 2 1st for either a player or the right to select a player. 

I mean in simplest terms, think of it as something else.

We've all got a bunch of apples. I give you two of mine. You keep those but give me one of yours. I'm only out one apple.

It not being the same apple I gave up doesn't change that it's an apple.

• Beer 1