• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

report: panthers called about darnold

PhillyB

I will say this, as fans we need to get past the overreacting about reported interest in X player. 

The deal we offered for Stafford was actually a very, very good deal. We jettisoned Teddy's salary and gave up a 1st and 5th. That was an extremely reasonable trade.

Let's not assume that we are out there making Rams type offers for every player. Battered Fan Syndrome is really gonna be tough to get rid of after Hurney.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

For the right price, I’d take a shot on Darnold.

All the tools are there and he has some sneaky wheels on him. 

The Jets have been a complete mess since he has arrived. There are definitely some concerns with his game but he is only 23.

I definitely agree here. It's not like the kid doesnt have the tool set. Just needs a coaching staff to drive him. I'd take this risk all day. I'd offer two 3rds.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My biggest question: Would the Jets be willing to part with Darnold prior to the draft if they think there's a possibility the Texans might change their mind about trading Watson?

Them trading Darnold wouldn't be solely for Watson. They are stilll going to have the opp to draft a QB at #2

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

whether we're making bona fide offers is besides the point - fitts is testing the market and keeping his pulse on the going rate for qb starters and that's exactly what he should be doing.

marty is probably up in washington watching tape from butler county community college writing down the names of guards he can turn into safeties in the second round 

Nah, he’s kicking back relaxed...he signed the best backup QB in the league. Things are looking up for the WFT. Soon to be WTF. 

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Them trading Darnold wouldn't be solely for Watson. They are stilll going to have the opp to draft a QB at #2

No, but there's a reasonable expectation that the Texans could want an established quarterback as part of any trade package.

That's been the engine behind some of the speculation about the Texans and Carson Wentz.