• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

report: panthers called about darnold

PhillyB

On 2/11/2021 at 10:57 PM, MHS831 said:

What do we know about Darnold?  He was good in college, has struggled for 3 years in NY.  Threw too many interceptions, but when you are one-dimensional, always playing from behind, passing is tougher. He will be 24, and he is on a first-round rookie contract for 1 more season.

So what would he do with a better coach, OL, running game, and defense? 

Better. 

Is better enough?

If we could get him for a 3rd and let him play in 2021.  If he does well than we can make a move to keep him.   If he fails maybe we are high enough in the draft next year for Howell or one of the other up and coming QBs. 

I'[m not against it. 

• Pie 1

On 2/11/2021 at 7:48 PM, Mr. Scot said:

It's been mentioned before, but "in on every deal" was always likely to include some that fans aren't gonna like.

It's truly a first in terms of them being on the right side of any transaction...

...but to your point, when the Bobcats picked L. Ball it certainly wasn't met with uniform glee.

The kid appears to have the inside track on Rookie of the Year.

• Poo 1

37 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

0% chance they're ALL there lmao. I'd be ecstatic if just one were. 

Jones will most definitely be there and shouldn’t be drafted till round 2. People talking him up is ridiculous. I think Lance only playing one game this year will hurt him and he will at least be there till we pick.

9 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Jones will most definitely be there and shouldn’t be drafted till round 2. People talking him up is ridiculous. I think Lance only playing one game this year will hurt him and he will at least be there till we pick.

For some reason I originally read that post as "Wilson, Lance, and Fields" I didn't see Jones in that bunch. But yeah I agree Jones at 8 would just be awful

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

FYI Todd McShay talks in length about Jones https://www.theringer.com/2021/2/12/22280617/2021-first-round-qbs-and-mahomes-stories-with-todd-mcshay-plus-russell-wilson. 

In a nutshell says Jones is everything you want in a qb.  All the intangibles, nice footwork in the pocket, has the ability to scramble for 5-7 yards if needed, incredible accuracy and can process plays quickly.  However yes he did play with like 9 first rounders and yes his arm skillset is limited beyond 25 yards.  Not that he cannot make the throws but a bunch of times this year he under threw his wr.  (sounds familiar)

Just passing this along