• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes at Stars Predictions, Chatter, Series Thread 2/11-2/13

Harbingers

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

We need to tighten up both on the forecheck and backcheck.....

The boys just seem a step slow the last 3 games, I can't put my finger on it.  Are they still getting conditioned??

Last game they had a few out of rotation and killed them in 3rd. They looked tired. Look far better tonight in the third

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I know no one knows how long Mrazek is going to be out, but we can't ride Reims like a rented mule, and Ned is not ready for the NHL (and I don't know if he will ever be TBH).

I still think we kick the tires on Kuemper.

Exactly. I’m probably over harsh on Reimer but this team is a good goaltender away from a championship. Both of ours are back ups 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, WelshPanther said:

Exactly. I’m probably over harsh on Reimer but this team is a good goaltender away from a championship. Both of ours are back ups 

I'm with you and Rocky that Reimer is not a guy you can ride to a Stanley Cup. Not sure Mrazek is either. Ned might be one day. But, I don't think we need any of them to be That Guy this season.

I definitely disagree that both James and Petr are backups. When healthy, they are an almost ideal 1a/1b. Both are guys that you can rely on generally not to lose you the game. And both are capable of games, like tonight, where they are THE reason you win.

In a condensed season, with tons of back to backs, it might be more beneficial to have 2 of those guys than one star netminder and some scrub behind him.

• Pie 2