• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes at Stars Predictions, Chatter, Series Thread 2/11-2/13

Harbingers

I missed the first and most of the second, but they spent a lot of time in their own end. I like they took away the middle of the ice so their shooters couldn't stroll down main street for an easy goal, but they tend to start packing it in a little too far.

Reimer is going to give up a goal every 8-10 shots, we're going to have to live with that. Mrazek, when he comes back, will undoubtedly be tentative with his repaired hand not wanting to take a hit on it, so I think we're still a ways away from seeing Petr on the ice.

That being said, the Canes are 3-0 against Dallas now? Hey, the Canes win 2 of the remaining 5 against the Stars and they come out ahead.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, Stumpy said:

I'm with you and Rocky that Reimer is not a guy you can ride to a Stanley Cup. Not sure Mrazek is either. Ned might be one day. But, I don't think we need any of them to be That Guy this season.

I definitely disagree that both James and Petr are backups. When healthy, they are an almost ideal 1a/1b. Both are guys that you can rely on generally not to lose you the game. And both are capable of games, like tonight, where they are THE reason you win.

In a condensed season, with tons of back to backs, it might be more beneficial to have 2 of those guys than one star netminder and some scrub behind him.

Agreed that neither Reims or Mrazek can be ridden to a Cup.  Petr definitely had a hot start to the season and has that "streakiness" where he can be lights out which I don't think Reims has.  Of course, Mrazek also has times when he scares the crap out of me with how he plays too......

If the committee knows Mrazek is going to be out almost all of this season I would like to see them be proactive and go out and get a Kuemper for the long play.  We may part with Bean and draft picks, but it would be prudent to get that position settled a little before the end of the season.

Just my .01 cent.....

• Pie 2

So, the odds are stacked against Carolina for the Saturday night tilt against the Stars.

Central Division home teams are 20-3 in the second game of these 2-game sets this season ans the Caner are 0-3 as the road team in those situations, losing game 2 on the road to Detroit, Chicago and Columbus.

Let's see if they can change that tonite. Reimer is due for a shutout.

• Pie 2

53 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

So, the odds are stacked against Carolina for the Saturday night tilt against the Stars.

Central Division home teams are 20-3 in the second game of these 2-game sets this season ans the Caner are 0-3 as the road team in those situations, losing game 2 on the road to Detroit, Chicago and Columbus.

Let's see if they can change that tonite. Reimer is due for a shutout.

Bingo. We really need to get break that streak tonight and start getting a leg up on splitting these series as a whole.

• Pie 1

"DALLAS - The Carolina Hurricanes will try for their second two-game sweep of the Dallas Stars this season when the two teams face off again on Saturday night.

The Match-Up

Carolina Hurricanes (8-3-0, 16 points) at Dallas Stars (5-3-3, 13 points)

Saturday, Feb. 13, 8 p.m.

Watch: FOX Sports Carolinas, FOX Sports GO

Listen: 99.9 FM The Fan, Hurricanes.com/Listen, Hurricanes app

88: Martin Necas is "hopeful" to return to the Canes' lineup on Saturday, according to head coach Rod Brind'Amour. Necas was a full participant in practice on Friday."

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/gameday-preview-carolina-hurricanes-dallas-stars/c-321350476

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1