• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's positional rankings 1.0

Verge

Thanks for this, Verge.  A request: What I would like to see is the depth of the draft at each position--just an overview--For example, we seem to have depth at positions of need.

A few points: 

• Hard to pass on the top G and second best LT on the board (Vera-Tucker).  Slater has the same basic abilities.  Me likey.  That tells me that we are talking maulers with LT athleticism.  Your ratings are consistent with my feelings--I put him at T. 
  • You have to like Surratt's versatility at LB.  Browning is another in that mold,and I am very high on Ohio St LB Werner.
  • There are CBs and CB/S hybrids later in the draft. I see us liking those.
  • I am not a fan of the TE crop.  I would have "Baby Gronk" Frieirmuth at 2 and Long at 3--but it depends on what you are looking for at the position.
  • You see Leatherwood as a pure T and not a T/G?  I tend to agree, but when I watched, he dominated at T.  Had a down 2020 compared to 2019, but moving to G is an overreaction.
  • I was very surprised NOT to see Creed Humphries in the IOL top 5.  Would love to hear thinking on that.  I would probably move Vera-Tucker and Slater to T and have Center Humphries and possibly G-C Myers in the top 5.   I do like Trey Smith a lot--high character, from what I hear.

Thanks for these--I am not far off.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 4

Surprised at some things:

1. Javonte Williams isn't a top 5 RB?

2. Shaun Wade #4 CB? I thought both Erik Stokes and Asante Samuel Jr. were better. Are you concerned about Samuel's size?

3. No Trevon Moehrig or Andre Cisco in top 5 S?

4. Surprised you have Leatherwood over Mayfield at T.

5. No Centers?

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Speaking of centers, I'm curious how much Humphrey being left handed might impact his stock. I honestly can't recall a left handed center right off the top of my head.

Kevin Mawae, one of the best ever, broke a couple fingers on his right hand and practiced and learned how to use his left to snap the ball, both with QB under center and in shotgun. He did okay. Other than that little tidbit, I'm not aware of any southpaw centers.

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Anyone else worried about Wilson’s frame? 6’3” 209 lbs? That’s bridgewater size. Other than that Wilson has the tools to be a great nfl qb. 

I don't think that's particularly small for a QB in the NFL. Pretty sure Cousins is right at that size, and Matt Ryan is close to it. 

With rookies I don't worry as much either because they'll add a little size for the NFL as well.