• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's positional rankings 1.0

Verge

On 2/12/2021 at 5:26 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm kinda all in on Zach Wilson at this point. I've really liked him dating back to November but watching more, dude has Mahomes vibes. I'm not saying he's Mahomes but he has special arm talent. I haven't made the decision between Lance and Fields in part because I just don't care. Go get me Wilson. Take my money.

Lawrence is no question the safest QB pick. If he's a bust it'll surprise everyone. BUT, it won't shock me if ten years from now Zach Wilson ends up being the guy. He's just way riskier and if you took him over Lawrence and he didn't work out... oh wee mayne.  You might not even be able to get a job so much as talking about football.

Does his surgeries add some cloud? Ive warmed up some, but like @BrizzMachete said hes small. I wish there where a real combine, cause I feel even after adding weight I think hes still come in low 200s. His height is 6'0.2 looking too. Still with the small frame, low weight, and injuries...He sure can throw. Unlike Lance, I feel Wilson would have issues taking NFL hits. 

• Pie 2

Although this RB class is mediocre and Harris really improved last season, I totally agree with Etienne as the top back.  His slashing style and pass catching abilities are gonna fit well in the league IMO.

I am not sold on Lance whatsoever but all these QBs are questionable after Trevor so understandable.  

Thanks Verge

Edited by Shocker

3 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

In what way? Did he actually take a step back as player? Or just didn’t have same stats bc he saw more double teams?

More focus on him lead to a dip in production, that's pretty much it. He moved from a sure fire WR1 to an upside WR2 IMO. 

21 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Bucky has Fields as his QB2.

There’s no denying Fields talents. From his arm to his legs, overall he may be the most talented of the bunch. However hearing Rhule talk about what he looks for in a QB and emphasizes them being able to quickly process things is where Fields may lose them.

Fields is definitely a great QB prospect, no problems with that. Can't imagine him over Wilson though.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, Varking said:

The only TE I *want* in this class is Pitts but that’s not happening. 

I am trying to find a blocking/decent receiving TE--the old school hybrid--but the names I am finding are not exciting.

Note the bottom of the roster--TE is an area where we have added some developmental players--maybe a hidden gem or two--they re-signed Colin Thompson, they signed the PS player Fits was high on in Seattle (Sullivan), and they signed Stevens, the QB/TE experiment from New Orleans.  Maybe that is the plan this year--

Sullivan is a 6-5 coverted WR who was just learning TE at LSU when he was drafted.  While I doubt he is much of a blocker, he has good hands and could be a weapon--maybe that is all they plan to do at TE this year--we shall see.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

@Verge What do you think of Liam Eichenberg from Notre Dame? I wouldn't be upset at all if we took a shot on him in the 2nd round, but I wonder if he could actually sneak into the late 1st? He seems like a pretty solid OT option for us, if a bit 'boring' as a prospect.

Love Eichenberg, this is a very solid class for OT so I think he could be there for us in the 2nd. He is a very consistent talent, and a serious load in the run game. Moton could be our LT and he could be our RT, I would be estatic.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1