• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's positional rankings 1.0

Verge

19 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Maybe, but idk man PFF and NFL draft network love him. 

I had him as the fourth rated OT in a deep class--now I am confused about him. 

This is an example of what I read, from a PFN source (again, one man's opinion):

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-draft-ten-overrated-prospects/

Samuel Cosmi

This biggest farce I’ve come across on draft twitter so far this year is that Samuel Cosmi had a strong game against LSU. Cosmi won a few reps here and there, but I watched K’Lavon Chaisson take him to church more than a few times that Saturday night on national television.

Cosmi, like most of this list, has a physical profile that will intrigue teams and should get him drafted decently early. However, I’ve seen Cosmi as a number of evaluators OT2 behind Penei Sewell when I believe he should be closer to OT10. His down to down consistency, footwork, and hand usage all need to be cleaned up before I can view him as a top-50 prospect.

Then there is this from the OT review of PFN: 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-draft-offensive-tackle-superlatives/

Most overrated: Samuel Cosmi, Texas

I’ve seen some analysts have Samuel Cosmi as high as OT2 and that blows my mind. What’s even more interesting is that I’ve seen people mention his performance against LSU as one of the reasons they’re a fan of him. When I watched Cosmi against LSU, I saw an underdeveloped athlete losing far too consistently for my taste.

Cosmi will have a lot of developing to do before I can see him even making my top 50. Luckily for him, he’s an elite athlete which will cause the NFL to overdraft him.

Honorable mentions: Dillon Radunz, NDSU/Walker Little

Could be the same guy

Edited by MHS831

2 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

I think he's a potential guy. Boom or bust kinda guy. Rhule did coach against him in the big 10 and his main attribute is athleticism, which we love, so I was putting a connection together.

I agree, and the articles about Greg Little called him boom or bust--but I think Little had more red flags.  I added a second article to my post above, but it could be the same guy.  When you have a #1 like Sewell, it is easy to spot flaws in others.  He is very good.

16 hours ago, Basbear said:

@Verge sorry about this super late request, but could you mark where the talent tiers are in your top 50? Dividers and doesnt matter the number of tiers. Example have a  " * " between 8 and 9 when the talent drops. 

Yeah I can do that when I release my latest version.