• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

jj watt released

electro's horse

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sure, he's no longer what he once was but he'll still be a very effective player for someone. We all know something about Houston too. They're currently the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL and possibly all of professional sports.

True--if this were not Houston, I would be saying, "He must be done."  But since it is Houston, you really do not know.  I am so happy I am not a Texan fan.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He is still young, so that could mean he sees the upside here.  I would want to be part of the growth, not some team that brings in ex-Patriots to win rings.

He's only 31, but man he has a ton of wear and tear on him. The way he plays takes a toll on the body. I think he'sdone as an elite DL but he'll still be a good player for someone.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

they traded for jared allen

6th rounder to the Bears for Watts and they kept most of his contract--and we only paid about $900K of his salary, while the Bears took on the rest, but his salary was about $12m back then and he was a one-dimensional, situational pass rusher.  It was a great deal for us.  We could take Watt on a deal like that, but it ain't happening.  My point was the amount of $$$ pass rushers past their primes make--we can't afford to get into that kind of a bidding war.  We need to develop Burns and Gross-Matos and the other young ones--they are entering their primes, in my opinion.

Edited by MHS831