• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

jj watt released

electro's horse

Green Bay - Watt is from Wisconsin, and played his college ball at Wisconsin. The Packers are a serious threat for a super bowl.

Pittsburgh - His brother plays there, and they have are a contender. 

Tampa Bay - Defending super bowl Champs, contenders to succeed. 

Rams - Just got Stafford to fill their weakness on offense. Adding Watt to that defense, the Rams are contenders. 

Chiefs - Super Bowl favorites when healthy, playing next to Chris Jones should be tempting.

18 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Interesting that he chose to wear his Wisconsin hoodie in his Dear John letter to the state of Texas. I wonder if he wouldn't like playing for Green Bay?

Also, Houston may very well be Major League-ing it. Maybe they want to move the franchise to another market.

Why? They're in the 5th largest metro area in the country.

19 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Interesting that he chose to wear his Wisconsin hoodie in his Dear John letter to the state of Texas. I wonder if he wouldn't like playing for Green Bay?

Also, Houston may very well be Major League-ing it. Maybe they want to move the franchise to another market.

He better be willing to go play for a veteran minimum contract. Green Bay is currently sitting at about $28 mil over the cap. 

16 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Wow. At an impasse with Watson, totally neglecting him and his wishes. But JJ ask for a trade and he gets released in a couple minutes to help him out. Weird. 

To play devil's advocate, one is 25 and just entering his prime at the most important position in football. The other is on the wrong side of 30 and is a couple of years removed from elite level play while still getting elite level pay. It's not hard to understand the difference in approach, but it's also why I'm not willing to go full Adam Shefter and give credit where none is due.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

To play devil's advocate, one is 25 and just entering his prime at the most important position in football. The other is on the wrong side of 30 and is a couple of years removed from elite level play while still getting elite level play. It's not hard to understand the difference in approach, but it's also why I'm not willing to go full Adam Shefter and give credit where none is due.

Yeah and I have to think that Caserio is well aware that parting with a player of Watson's caliber is going to haunt his entire tenure there if they cannot find a replacement quickly.