• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tight end position

Connorfalcon

Tight end seems like an oddly undervalued position. Even with a very recent history where Greg Olsen was basically our number one receiver. And look at the conference playoff games— Gronk (1-29), Kelce (13-118-2), Tonyan (4-22-1), Knox (6-42-1) and then the Super Bowl— Gronk (6-67-2), Kelce (10-133). Now look at our production from our #1 guy Ian Thomas ALL SEASON (20-145-1). We gotta upgrade one way or another.

Ertz and Rudolph will probably be cut this offseason. If the price isn’t too steep I’d be open to bring one of them in.

There are also several good receiving tight ends who are likely to be available on day 3 of the draft.

• Pie 1

Those tonyan and Knox td’s weren’t anything to phone home about. They were play designs that got them wide open.

I agree we need to figure out the right end in our offense, but I wouldn’t say that TEs were truly the difference makers in the playoffs. Ian would have been opened on those two td’s on those rosters as well.

Lately first round TE's have not panned out. The best Tight ends in the league right now were picked in round 2 or later.

1st round TEs : Eric Ebron, OJ Howard, Evan Engram, David Njoko, Hayden Hurst, T.J Hockenson, Noah Fant. 

Later round TEs : Kelce, Kittle, Mark Andrews, Hooper, Darren Waller, Hunter Henry

Besides that we have way too many needs to take a TE at pick 8. We do not need a TE or MLB at pick 8.