• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

how many calls do you think the panthers got regarding bridgewater

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I don’t know if you heard Rhule discussing Teddy at the end of the season, but it was pretty obvious that he and TB had ‘the talk’. 

TB knew the team wanted an upgrade.

Right, but the public didn't necessarily have to know that. The team could have hedged by not being so public about it so that if they did need to bring Teddy back out, the fans would only suspect.

It's complicated for sure. The team just seems to have left themselves no option but to replace him, if not have him entirely off the roster, and it's an odd way to play it. On the flip side though perhaps we can view the directness as refreshing.

I don't care what the business model behind the de-franchise QBing of the Carolina Panthers was, the results are embarrassing and has added more of a question mark as to what the heck is this Tepper guy is good at and is it at all applicable to a successful FOOTBALL operation? I have yet to see a strong football move aside from hiring Rhule, which is still an ongoing evaluation.

Success doesn't always translate over from one profession to the next, ask MJ, great at basketball, baseball is a totally different sport so much so that his "greatness" didn't translate.

All these obvious and public mistakes, including the Teddy contract doesn't exactly engender trust from the diehards. In hindsight aside from 2010 (intentional on JRs part) Ive never seen this team more out of sorts.