• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blue Jackets @ Hurricanes Predictions, Chatter, Game Thread 2/15

Harbingers

7 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I was about to say the same thing, so much firepower on the top 9....  I'm watching Necas closely because he seems like a guy who is putting it together.... 

We've come a long way from the days when our best hope for a goal was a ballerina.

In other news

"RALEIGH, NC - Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has acquired forward Egor Korshkov and defenseman David Warsofsky from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forward Alex Galchenyuk. Warsofsky has been assigned to the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League (AHL)."

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/canes-acquire-korshkov-warsofsky-from-maple-leafs/c-321430456

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, zacka77ack said:

I really hope we don't get screwed out of attending Canes playoff games because of COVID, but that sad realization is settling in...

I'd be shocked if there aren't atleast some fans allowed at Canes games by then.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

We don't really have a "top player" IMO we have Aho/Staal/Svech/Trochek/Mcginn/TT/NN all close in points and a guy like Necas who IMO is a season away from becoming anther Aho.

Aho is one of the best centers in the entire league. Necas has a LONG way to go before being on Aho's level if he ever gets there. Love what I've seen from him so far but he definitely has a bunch of development to do on both ends of the ice and strength to build. Great player but let's not get ahead of ourselves with him. Also the transition from wing to center is significant and it's yet to be seen if he can handle that. I'm extremely optimistic and think he can be our long term #2 center in the mold of a David Krejci type, but I hesitate to say he'll get to the level of being a #1B center like Malkin is in Pittsburgh.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, t96 said:

Aho is one of the best centers in the entire league. Necas has a LONG way to go before being on Aho's level if he ever gets there. Love what I've seen from him so far but he definitely has a bunch of development to do on both ends of the ice and strength to build. Great player but let's not get ahead of ourselves with him. Also the transition from wing to center is significant and it's yet to be seen if he can handle that. I'm extremely optimistic and think he can be our long term #2 center in the mold of a David Krejci type, but I hesitate to say he'll get to the level of being a #1B center like Malkin is in Pittsburgh.

I am referencing the speed they play with, he creates a ton of grade "A" opportunities... He definitely needs to polish his game, I'm just saying he has speed that you can't coach.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, Stumpy said:

We've come a long way from the days when our best hope for a goal was a ballerina.

For 10 years, after 2009 I watched and rooted for this team knowing that we weren’t good enough and that, more often than not, we’d find a way to lose (especially if it went to a shoot-out). Now I feel like every game like we could/should win. Last night felt like an exception, after that ridiculous 3rd goal by Columbus I was like, “ok, this just isn’t our night”, and then we went out an put up a touchdown. This is fun!  Now we just need to get thru COVID and get PNC open so we can see them again in person.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Iron Lion said:

For 10 years, after 2009 I watched and rooted for this team knowing that we weren’t good enough and that, more often than not, we’d find a way to lose (especially if it went to a shoot-out). Now I feel like every game like we could/should win. Last night felt like an exception, after that ridiculous 3rd goal by Columbus I was like, “ok, this just isn’t our night”, and then we went out an put up a touchdown. This is fun!  Now we just need to get thru COVID and get PNC open so we can see them again in person.

I, like a good American, prefer to believe that the last decade never happened.