• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible cap casualties to target

Icege

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's gonna be a complicated year.

Lesser than expected salary cap makes it difficult to keep your own while also making it difficult for other teams to sign your guys away.

Might be like watching one of those shows where they see who can save the most with coupons.

I have a feeling it’ll resemble much of MLB’s FA period this year. Some splashes and trades (ahem, Padres) but most of the market sits tight as it resets itself in a way. 

I’m prolly wrong AF though and it’ll be a frenzy like years prior once the legal tampering period opens up. 

55 minutes ago, jayflip said:

I have a feeling it’ll resemble much of MLB’s FA period this year. Some splashes and trades (ahem, Padres) but most of the market sits tight as it resets itself in a way. 

I’m prolly wrong AF though and it’ll be a frenzy like years prior once the legal tampering period opens up. 

Agreed. Think about it. We feel like we have no cap space and yet we are in better shape than over half the league. Only a few teams have a bunch of room, but there will be a lot of good players looking for a contract with a relatively small amount of dollars available. I’ve even seen discussion of atypical contracts like league minimum salary plus a few mil bonus with multiple void years for pro bowl type talent. 

Yes we have some big holes, but our cap situation is solid 2022 and beyond. If we can continue to draft well we will be set up well.