• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson Update

Calboyz13

Just now, t96 said:

By "defensive starter" what are we talking here? Shaq and Donte would certainly fit that bill I would think, but my guess (fear) is Houston is thinking more along the lines of Chinn, Brown, Burns, etc.

Your guess is as good as mine. 

• Beer 1

That'd be a brain dead trade. You essentially lose 4 first rounders, and all the associated rookie contracts that go with 3 of them. You have no LT, and no way to draft a good one for 4 years with an offensive line that is entirely out of contract after next season.

Watson is great. Being perennial losers for the next 3 seasons so we can "have a QB," is super dumb.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

That'd be a brain dead trade. You essentially lose 4 first rounders, and all the associated rookie contracts that go with 3 of them. You have no LT, and no way to draft a good one for 4 years with an offensive line that is entirely out of contract after next season.

Watson is great. Being perennial losers for the next 3 seasons so we can "have a QB," is super dumb.

Giving up at least two firsts and more to move to 2 or 3 for the next best qb is smart?

HOLD MY BEER

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

Giving up at least two firsts and more to move to 2 or 3 for the next best qb is smart?

HOLD MY BEER

I think that's stupid too.

If you're a contender it makes sense. If you're like us where you're looking for about 6 guys on defense, and 2-3 on offense + a QB it's dumb.

Play the long game.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Madwolf said:

It dumps CMC’s contract to make room to sign a FA LT (like Trent Williams) also extend Moton (suddenly our line might be solid with Paradis returning). CMC is one of our best players, but his contract number is pretty large. Also RBs don’t have the best lifespan in the league (not saying he won’t, just thinking from both sides). If we could get them to take Teddy and his contract also it would make this tempting. Say 3 firsts, CMC, Teddy, and Shaq.  That’s huge money coming off our books and yes I know Watson will carry a large amount as well. Watson throwing to Anderson and Moore would be very fun to watch and comes with huge marketability!

• Flames 1