• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2020-2021 Deep Ball Project

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree he was the most frustrating but I don't think it was because he was so "bad" per se, but because it's easy to see how if he just had a bit of guts how much better he could be. He could easily be a Goff/Cousins level QB if he just didn't play terrified. I honestly don't think those guys are a bit more talented than he is and I have to admit that his actual arm strength was better than I expected. Still below average for an NFL QB but not the total liability level I fully expected. His utter conservativeness is a far bigger liability than his physical throwing ability. 

Teddy Bridgewater's game is so conservative it makes Ronald Regan look like Bernie Sanders

• Flames 3

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree he was the most frustrating but I don't think it was because he was so "bad" per se, but because it's easy to see how if he just had a bit of guts how much better he could be. He could easily be a Goff/Cousins level QB if he just didn't play terrified. I honestly don't think those guys are a bit more talented than he is and I have to admit that his actual arm strength was better than I expected. Still below average for an NFL QB but not the total liability level I fully expected. His utter conservativeness is a far bigger liability than his physical throwing ability. 

Saying he was "just so bad," was admittedly cheap on words, but the reasons you offer are what I was referring to with "bad," I just have expounded on it so much I am tired of talking about it lol.  But yeah, I agree for the most part...  I will say that despite watching him since college, his arm strength actually appeared worse than what I remembered it being prior to the injury.  That being said, I agree that his biggest issue is his disposition despite his physical limitations, and that's what makes it so hard to digest watching it live.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His risk aversion was so perplexing. Even in end of game/game winning scenarios he was still avoiding risks at all costs. I don't remember him ever playing this way at Louisville. 

I do also want to point out how ironic it is that the guy I compared Joe Burrow so much to(Andy Dalton), they are right next to each other in the bottom of the rankings.

TBD if this holds up but I did warn people that the only real elite attributes he had were intangibles. His physical skills were not exceptional.

For the Mac Jones stans......take note.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I do also want to point out how ironic it is that the guy I compared Joe Burrow so much to(Andy Dalton), they are right next to each other in the bottom of the rankings.

TBD if this holds up but I did warn people that the only real elite attributes he had were intangibles. His physical skills were not exceptional.

For the Mac Jones stans......take note.

I've been trying to point this out for a while.  If TB5 was not your guy, Mac Jones is not your guy either.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1