• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With the trade deadline approaching...

Stumpy

With the trade deadline approaching...  

19 members have voted

1. 1. If you are Don "The Don" Waddell, what's your move?

• Try to find a true #1 Goalie.
    • MOAR FORWARDS!!!
    • Get someone who can replicate Dougie's previous production.
    • More size/grit.
    • All of the above.
    • Stand pat... Profit

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

The Canes are looking for a right-shot defenseman. At a decent price. This may be the guy.

Not the best numbers/stats this season but wouldn’t say no and let bean and fleury fight it out in the other spot. A little competition would def help fleury and probably Bean too. 

• Pie 2

He's been hurt this season, but he's not an offensive-minded D. He's physical and would provide a presence Dougie cannot, for some reason, figure out.

Look, right now everyone (Hamilton & Canes) is saying the right things, but if Hamilton wants $8M a year, he needs to find a physical part of his game that will have teams thinking twice about teeing off on Canes players. I'm not completely sold on Hamilton at that price.

I'm also beginning to think the team is looking at replacing TT. I'm increasingly concerned if he'll ever lace up the skates again.

• Pie 2

On 4/7/2021 at 9:09 AM, CanesFanStan said:

Not a trade, but Lucas Wallmark got placed on waivers - he was an awesome fit with the Canes and could make sense for center depth. 

"Florida receives defenseman Lucas Carlsson and center Lucas Wallmark."

https://www.nhl.com/news/brett-connolly-riley-stillman-traded-to-chicago-by-florida/c-323404000?tid=278542340

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I'm onboard with the author that Manson isn't worth a first-round pick. If the choice is to give up a 1st round pick or give $8M to Dougie, unfortunate as it may seem, the second option I can live with.

And, I'm not sure, but the author also makes it sound like Fleury is the odd man out if Carolina does find another right hand blue liner.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm onboard with the author that Manson isn't worth a first-round pick. If the choice is to give up a 1st round pick or give $8M to Dougie, unfortunate as it may seem, the second option I can live with.

And, I'm not sure, but the author also makes it sound like Fleury is the odd man out if Carolina does find another right hand blue liner.

That’s what I’ve read elsewhere too. I think it was NHL.com’s trade buzz. 

• Pie 1