• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With the trade deadline approaching...

Stumpy

With the trade deadline approaching...  

19 members have voted

1. 1. If you are Don "The Don" Waddell, what's your move?

• Try to find a true #1 Goalie.
    • MOAR FORWARDS!!!
    • Get someone who can replicate Dougie's previous production.
    • More size/grit.
    • All of the above.
    • Stand pat... Profit

7 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

That said, we got the big, physical righty we've been missing all season.

Hopefully he can eloquently persuade opposing teams against targeting our forwards.

Looks like a pretty clean hitter though or nobody wants to fight him. No videos on hockey fights. 

Scratch that YouTube has one from two weeks ago. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

I honestly really like the Trade. Fleury has always been terribly overrated because of his draft position imo, and outside of last years bubble he just hasn't lived up to his billing. This trade now allows us to pair a true defensive defenseman with an offensive cheating defenseman on every line.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Man Fleury really never came into his own as a Hurricane.  I thought after his "bubble" performance last year he had finally established himself, but he came back into this season performing at his standard level....a level we all know Rod wanted him to improve upon.

He may well get picked up by Seattle, but we still have to lose a player to them as well.  I sure hope this doesn't backfire. 

Florida and Tampa Bay got better today IMO.  Florida definitely is playing with fire with all their additions, but that's still a tough team that we've handled well during the regular season.....I hate when we have a great record against a team and have to play them in the playoffs.

Also, Boston is better too......Hall was dogging it in Buffalo, but something tells me he'll pick it up for Boston.  Lot's riding on a good end of season/playoff run for his next contract.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Rocky Davis said:

Man Fleury really never came into his own as a Hurricane.  I thought after his "bubble" performance last year he had finally established himself, but he came back into this season performing at his standard level....a level we all know Rod wanted him to improve upon.

He may well get picked up by Seattle, but we still have to lose a player to them as well.  I sure hope this doesn't backfire. 

Florida and Tampa Bay got better today IMO.  Florida definitely is playing with fire with all their additions, but that's still a tough team that we've handled well during the regular season.....I hate when we have a great record against a team and have to play them in the playoffs.

Also, Boston is better too......Hall was dogging it in Buffalo, but something tells me he'll pick it up for Boston.  Lot's riding on a good end of season/playoff run for his next contract.

How bout that Mantha trade. Holy poo. 

• Pie 2