• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La Canfora on Tepper's desire for Watson/franchise QB

top dawg

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I'd probably pony up the 3 1st round picks but probably not the 2 seconds, as well. Let's not forget that is also a team lacking pretty heavily in talent. 

If I were to pick a team that would have the LEAST issue giving up those, it's probably Miami. They already are a good team so winning now might suit their purposes a lot more. For the Jets and us, we still have a lot of building to accomplish. Miami just needs some fine tuning. 

Yea, I’ve got no problem giving up the 3 firsts. That ain’t no thing. Honestly, I could be talked into giving up a 4th. I want this years 2nd, though. I would like to keep the 2nds for the next 3 years. I feel this regime will be much better in the later rounds.

Edited by BigAggieLean.
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I'd give up anything BUT Burns 

Until the 3-3-5, I was not under the impression that Burns was a good fit.  Now? He fits--he is not an ideal replacement for Watt. 

So I would trade away Jackson, Thompson, and even CMC as part of a package.  Jackson and Thompson and 2 firsts is my preference. 

We have to get rid of 1 big contract to take on Watson, unless TB is part of the deal-and he has to be.

• Pie 2

Just now, MHS831 said:

Until the 3-3-5, I was not under the impression that Burns was a good fit.  Now? He fits--he is not an ideal replacement for Watt. 

So I would trade away Jackson, Thompson, and even CMC as part of a package.  Jackson and Thompson and 2 firsts is my preference. 

We have to get rid of 1 big contract to take on Watson, unless TB is part of the deal-and he has to be.

Texans likely take TB, they would have no QB and he would make a good bridge 

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You said it always got sorted in a year or less...another false statement.

Both are (were) high profile NFL players -- apples-to-apples.

Comparing the NBA to the NFL not so much...

He sat out one season. What are you talking about? If you think this is an apples to apples comparison, you are the only one.

3 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

By NFL QB standards it is...

Matt Stafford has already banked $226,478,969 and in the next 2 years will bank another $43,000,000 which is more than Deshaun has made in his entire career.

Oh, now we're talking about NFL standards and not in reference to most people on the earth? OK...

Bringing up Stafford's earnings in comparison to Watson's bespeaks of disingenuousness. Watson hasn't even had the opportunity to earn big money yet because he's essentially been on his rookie contract. Moreover, Stafford came into the league at a time when the rookie wage scale did not exist.

It's eating you up to know that Watson is going to get paid, regardless! Furthermore, I'd bet that after all is said and done, if he stays healthy, Watson will eclipse Stafford's earnings after all is said and done. Deal with it!

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Texans likely take TB, they would have no QB and he would make a good bridge 

To be honest they should use him in that manner. They should trade back from 8, and gather a 2nd this year since Miami owns their 1sr and 2nd.

They should draft BPA this year, let Teddy tank it out with that bad roster, and put themselves in position to draft a QB of their choice at number 1 next year. They would then also have our 1st and the rest of their picks next year after taking QB at #1

Edited by TheProcess
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I did, and wasn't a fan of certain parts, like this one...

I suspect the Panthers will be willing to get quite creative (including emerging pass rushing force Brian Burns in any package may be even more attractive than McCaffrey)

If you get Watson and then sign Von Miller while you try to find the Burns replacement in the draft....is that really a bad deal? 

How do we win more games? Rolling the rookie dice with Fields or Wilson and keeping Burns....or getting Watson and Von Miller while looking for prospect DEs. 

You can manufacture sacks and with schemes and other players....you can’t manufacture playmaking at QB. 

• Beer 1

Just now, unicar15 said:

If you get Watson and then sign Von Miller while you try to find the Burns replacement in the draft....is that really a bad deal? 

How do we win more games? Rolling the rookie dice with Fields or Wilson and keeping Burns....or getting Watson and Von Miller while looking for prospect DEs. 

You can manufacture sacks and with schemes and other players....you can’t manufacture playmaking at QB. 

Yeah that’s interesting I was reading an article that Chase Edmunds says we the way the cap was a lot of good players would take one year deals so we could do something like that.

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t think teams are allowed to trade 4 first round picks. 3 is the max.

16 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I thought u could just not 4 consecutive? I might be wrong

You can do it as long as you have them--let's say via trade (which is why Miami and the Jets could do it because they each have 2 first round picks this year)--but you can't go more than three years into the future. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1