• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steelers may part ways with Roethlisberger

Mr. Scot

6 hours ago, Seltzer said:

Anybody who watched a Steelers game down the stretch knows Big Ben is washed, way more than Cam even.

Lol wut

not even close

Not quite how he was but still plays at a high level...

’way more than cam’...Ben is 10x the QB cam was are you on drugs or have you just started watching NFL football

and I hate Ben would never want him here

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, Seltzer said:

We can make plenty of cap for the right person.  The issue is not spending on guys we're going to regret after a year like Teddy, Matt Kalil, etc.

Anybody who watched a Steelers game down the stretch knows Big Ben is washed, way more than Cam even.

We need a QB, but hard, hard pass on Big Ben.  He still has an arm, but he's been hit too many times and makes awful decisions at this point to keep from getting hit.

I don't blame him for not wanting to get hit as someone approaching 40 myself, but he needs to retire.

I WISH our current QB was as washed as Ben.  I don't think people here downplaying his last season have checked his stat line.

Completion %: 65.6

Yards: 3,803

TD: 33

INT: 10

QBR: 94.1

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 2

30 minutes ago, joemac said:

I WISH our current QB was as washed as Ben.  I don't think people here downplaying his last season have checked his stat line.

Basically the same passing stats as our MVP QBs year lol. "washed way more than"

The NFL knowledge on here from the masses is embarrassing.

• Beer 1

So how many poor women do we have to sacrifice to him to lure him here?

If this is the answer to win now at that price the team goes that route, it's all going to be a 'room full of monkeys with piles of crap everywhere' kind of fun. We have one good Olineman who is likely franchised, no cap space from yet again dead cap galore and there is nothing about SB or future with this move. 

Ben can go try to win another SB or retire, he isn't coming here to do either. I would say bye Felicia but it's not fair to make Felicia his next target. 

Edited by Waldo

22 hours ago, Seltzer said:

We can make plenty of cap for the right person.  The issue is not spending on guys we're going to regret after a year like Teddy, Matt Kalil, etc.

We need a QB, but hard, hard pass on Big Ben.  He still has an arm, but he's been hit too many times and makes awful decisions at this point to keep from getting hit.

I don't blame him for not wanting to get hit as someone approaching 40 myself, but he needs to retire.

I think his only real option beside that is going somewhere with a legit OL. Being in a similar age group I definitely get it but I do think he could thrive in the right environment.

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Still can't believe the Steelers gave him that new deal.  Didn't make sense then, surly doesn't now.

I remember thinking it was outside of Colbert's usual MO.

There's been a lot of chatter over the last few years that Colbert was losing influence to Tomlin. May very well be something to that.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember thinking it was outside of Colbert's usual MO.

There's been a lot of chatter over the last few years that Colbert was losing influence to Tomlin. May very well be something to that.

VERY strange move for the Steelers in general.

It would be a mistake for the owners to change the way they have done things there, they are about as consistent as you can get in the NFL.

5 hours ago, joemac said:

He started to fall off late in the season. I believe the Deep Ball Project also highlighted that his descent in those stats the past two seasons also is showing the beginning of the end is probably here. 

Doesn't mean he still isn't a very good QB but we have seen how some of those very good QB's can all of a sudden take a nose dive when they reach "the end."

Edited by kungfoodude

If you are Ben, you have every incentive to pretend to want to play the 2021 season until after that $15M roster bonus hits.  But after that roster bonus, there is very little incentive to actually play the season for $4M.

If he chooses to retire there is a small chance they can go after some of his money.  I doubt the Steelers would do that, but its an option on the table.  So to me if I'm Ben I'm telling everybody I'm coming back for 2021 and I'm forcing the Steelers to either pay me...cut me...or negotiate something with me.  Retiring before the 3rd day of the league year (when his $15M roster bonus hits) makes zero sense.

8 hours ago, Wes21 said:

If you are Ben, you have every incentive to pretend to want to play the 2021 season until after that $15M roster bonus hits.  But after that roster bonus, there is very little incentive to actually play the season for $4M.

Unless that is you love playing football which clearly Ben does.

He's building a bitchin' new pad on Lake Oconee right now...

18 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He started to fall off late in the season. I believe the Deep Ball Project also highlighted that his descent in those stats the past two seasons also is showing the beginning of the end is probably here. 

Doesn't mean he still isn't a very good QB but we have seen how some of those very good QB's can all of a sudden take a nose dive when they reach "the end."

That's one of those things I think you always have to look at when you're evaluating older players at any position.

The guy who looks like he found The Fountain of Youth in week one sometimes looks like the victim of a life sucking vampire by week ten or twelve.

• Beer 1