• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The question of Curtis. Tim Weaver wants to keep him.

top dawg

13 minutes ago, Varking said:

Does that change anything I wrote? He’d be on the field more if he was a legit #2. He’s sometimes the 2 and sometimes the 3. If the team believed he was a 1 he’d be out there. Put him on another team where he has to be the legit #2 guy by himself again and his efficiency likely tanks. Four years in and his best season is 150 receiving yards shy of 1k. 

Curtis has had 4 games in four seasons of football breaking 90 yards receiving. 

That’s not #1 receiver stats any way you slice it. This was his breakout year. We got it. Let him walk and go somewhere else where he can make money. 

I don't think Curtis is a WR1, but I don't think Moore has proven to be either. If Moore had the route running skills, the improvement and perhaps the moxy of Curt, then maybe he would be a WR1. I will say that Moore's ceiling may have been nearly reached. I don't believe Samuel has reached his ceiling. Why? Moore has had appreciably more snaps while Samuel has been misused. It's no wonder that he hasn't had "#1 receiver stats any way you slice it." 

11 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I'd like to keep him. 

I don't see how he can be a priority though. Someone will overpay him and he should jump at that money.

You should be worried about us overpaying Moore. I think that all three of our receivers deserve to get paid, but neither of them are top shelf guys. But, of course, the market dictates these things. 

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't think Curtis is a WR1, but I don't think Moore has proven to be either. If Moore had the route running skills, the improvement and perhaps the moxy of Curt, then maybe he would be a WR1. I will say that Moore's ceiling may have been nearly reached. I don't believe Samuel has reached his ceiling. Why? Moore has had appreciably more snaps while Samuel has been misused. It's no wonder that he hasn't had "#1 receiver stats any way you slice it." 

Are you trying to define things in terms of fantasy football terms? There's roughly 10 WR1.  Teddy isn't throwing TDs so we aren't going to be fielding any of those while that is the case. Moore was the closest though via yards. Using fantasy terms doesn't seem like the best way to judge Moore (or Samuel).

• Beer 1

One of the many things I’ve always been envious of Seattle for was their ability to find WR’s outside of the 1st round. 

Both Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse went undrafted. Golden Tate 2nd round, Tyler Lockett 3rd round and DK Metcalf 2nd round.

Hopefully Fitterer can carry over some of that success. You cannot be paying your WR3 these days given the cap and the price of contracts for other positions.

• Pie 3

49 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Are you trying to define things in terms of fantasy football terms? There's roughly 10 WR1.  Teddy isn't throwing TDs so we aren't going to be fielding any of those while that is the case. Moore was the closest though via yards. Using fantasy terms doesn't seem like the best way to judge Moore (or Samuel).

Come on, man. In this thread, I haven't said anything about fantasy. 

14 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

OK so there is a better chance to sign Curtis than I thought at the beginning of the offseason.

Here's why:

• Overall Salary cap is most likely not as high as originally anticipated
  • The WR FA market looks to be oversaturated with top tier talent this offseason (Godwin, Golladay, Robinson, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, Hilton, Juju, Antonio Brown, AND Curtis)
  • The combination of the above two reasons COULD lead to Curtis taking a shorter 1-year deal that would allow him to cash in on FA the next offseason when the Salary Cap goes back up. 

I'm still only like 15/85% sure yes/no that it happens, but it's better than the 5% I originally thought. 

^^^^^^^^^ well said 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Samuel reminds me of Randle El. Looks good in spurts but make him a true 1 or 2 and it’s not a role he’s built for. 

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

One of the many things I’ve always been envious of Seattle for was their ability to find WR’s outside of the 1st round. 

Both Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse went undrafted. Golden Tate 2nd round, Tyler Lockett 3rd round and DK Metcalf 2nd round.

Hopefully Fitterer can carry over some of that success. You cannot be paying your WR3 these days given the cap and the price of contracts for other positions.

Him being our GM is going to help dictate that as well obviously which is something few have talked about. I don't see us paying him at all he's a 3 on any even below avg NFL team and hasn't ever had to deal with the CB1s on a consistent basis. 

We could bring him back for a decent deal and that'd work out but we already overpaid CMC and also Shaq. 

Edited by Fox007
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Fox007 said:

Him being our GM is going to help dictate that as well obviously which is something few have talked about. I don't see us paying him at all he's a 3 on any even below avg NFL team and hasn't ever had to deal with the CB1s on a consistent basis. 

We could bring him back for a decent deal and that'd work out but we already overpaid CMC and also Shaq. 

CMC and Shaq, I agree. 

"He's a 3 on any even below avg NFL team" is where you lost me. Gotta give him more credit than that. When he didnt suit up, our whole passing game went directly to garbage. 

32 teams in the NFL. Although it's not the best resource (PFF), his ranking stands at #27. Mind you, Bridgewater was his QB. He still hasn't reached his ceiling imo.

I just don't think we can afford him. I also think we're grabbing one in the draft. Esp since Moore and Anderson's contracts will be up after next season. 

put curtis on a deep ball offense and hes a 1000 yard guy the way i see it. We havent had anyone who can get him those without him slowing down his whole career. not that thats the only thing he can do its just where he would make up for the yardage he doesnt get running the other number 1 wr routes. i think he is a very solid number 2 and yardage is yardarge no matter where u get it.

10 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

CMC and Shaq, I agree. 

"He's a 3 on any even below avg NFL team" is where you lost me. Gotta give him more credit than that. When he didnt suit up, our whole passing game went directly to garbage. 

32 teams in the NFL. Although it's not the best resource (PFF), his ranking stands at #27. Mind you, Bridgewater was his QB. He still hasn't reached his ceiling imo.

I just don't think we can afford him. I also think we're grabbing one in the draft. Esp since Moore and Anderson's contracts will be up after next season. 

High production in the slot doesn't mean you are more than a slot guy. There is more to it than raw statistics.