• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Predicts Watson to be the Panthers starter in 2021

Big Sexy

12 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Based on their history, if ESPN is saying Watson will be a Panther, my fear is the one thing Watson will not be is a Panther.

Hey I usually would agree with that 100% but man there are several saying it’s us. Exciting times, nice to finally get some media attention 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

He didn't demand anything, nor did he go MIA, or create a public spectacle, etc...what he did was ask nicely and conduct himself like a gentleman at all times.

I wish you would quit characterizing JJ Watt as a "whiny little bitch", he's a standup guy.

“I have sat down with the McNair family and I have asked them for my release, and we have mutually agreed to part ways at this time,” he said in a video posted to Twitter. “I’m excited and looking forward to a new opportunity.”

Great video here: 

So when he told them to release him, this was not a demand?

Like I said, your double standards are quite obvious. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

So when he told them to release him, this was not a demand?

Like I said, your double standards are quite obvious. 

He didn't "tell them" to do anything.

He's a 10-year vet on the downside of his career and he politely requested they let him out of the last year of his contract --- in no way, shape or form does that constitute a "demand".

The McNair family recognized the benefits to both parties and this combined with JJ's exemplary behavior and dedication over the last decade, as well as the gentlemanly way he approached the situation, lead the McNair's to agree to his request. 

For some reason you're willfully conflating two very different situations and representing them as the same as if you don't understand the difference --- I bet you keenly understand the difference between a "demand" and a polite request when speaking with your wife 😉

I have a hunch someone with very poor judgement has weaseled their way into Deshaun's inner circle and he's listening to their bad advice...

...taking the low road in this way really seems out of character for him.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

He didn't "tell them" to do anything.

He's a 10-year vet on the downside of his career and he politely requested they let him out of the last year of his contract --- in no way, shape or form does that constitute a "demand".

The McNair family recognized the benefits to both parties and this combined with JJ's exemplary behavior and dedication over the last decade, as well as the gentlemanly way he approached the situation, lead the McNair's to agree to his request. 

For some reason you're willfully conflating two very different situations and representing them as the same as if you don't understand the difference --- I bet you keenly understand the difference between a "demand" and a polite request when speaking with your wife 😉

I have a hunch someone with very poor judgement has weaseled their way into Deshaun's inner circle and he's listening to their bad advice...

...taking the low road in this way really seems out of character for him.

Well, since you have all this insight in to these situations, how about you give us an article with the details of that "polite request" and the "gentlemanly way he approached the situation?"

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, since you have all this insight in to these situations, how about you give us an article with the details of that "polite request" and the "gentlemanly way he approached the situation?"

Did you watch the video JJ posted on his twitter account?  (linked above)

Pretty much says it all...

Updated info from Aaron Wilson following the Wentz trade...

Watson remains in quarterback limbo as the NFL's quarterback market evolves

The Panthers are mentioned...briefly.

Excerpts:

Despite this movement on the heels of the Detroit Lions and Los Angeles Rams exchanging Matthew Stafford and Jared Goff, Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson remains in a holding pattern along with other elite quarterbacks whose futures remain unresolved.

Because the Texans and Watson’s staring contest hasn’t stopped — the team resolute in its desire to hold onto him and Watson and his representatives steadfast in their request for a trade — the status quo defines the awkward situation.

That hasn’t stopped the constant conversation around the league surrounding Watson and other quarterbacks potentially available for the right price.

Will Watson be headed to the Miami Dolphins? They’re a popular team on his personal wish list and have the draft capital to pull it off. A recent dinner for Watson while vacationing in Miami with former Clemson teammate and current Dolphins defensive lineman Christian Wilkins sparked a lot of buzz but little else.

Watson is open to waiving his no-trade clause in his $156 million contract extension signed in September. The Denver Broncos are a team he’s considering, especially after recruiting efforts from former Texans safety Kareem Jackson.

The San Francisco 49ers, who could move on from starting quarterback Jimmy Garroppolo and his $25.5 million price tag next season, are another contender.

The New York Jets are the team best positioned to trade for Watson considering they have four first-round draft picks in the next two years and roughly $70 million in salary-cap space. However, Watson is aware that the Texans would want so much in return that it could weaken their competitiveness.

The Carolina Panthers, led by owner David Tepper and coach Matt Rhule, covet Watson.

As for the Texans, nothing has changed since chairman Cal McNair drew a line in the stand about Watson again last Friday when he said in telephone interview: “Deshaun is a Texan, and he’s going to be a Texan.”

If the Texans remain dug in on not trading Watson, then he’s not expected to report and would incur hefty fines. That would include $95,877 for missing a mandatory minicamp, $50,000 per day for every day of training camp missed, and $620,000 for each regular-season game missed.

The Texans have been firm in their desire to not trade Watson even though he isn’t returning telephone calls and text messages intended to sell them on their vision for a new leadership structure of general manager Nick Caserio and coach David Culley.

“Our quarterback is under contract,” a team source said. “He is going to be our quarterback.”

While Watson and the Texans’ impasse continues, the rest of the league could have heavy turnover.

Already, the Lions, Rams and Colts with last year’s starter Philip Rivers retired and replaced by Wentz, have changed starting quarterbacks.

The Las Vegas Raiders have rejected inquiries about Derek Carr, former Texans quarterback David Carr’s younger brother.

The Seattle Seahawks and quarterback Russell Wilson, who has voiced complaints about the offensive line and direction of the franchise, are in an uneasy alliance.

The Washington football team is expected to explore its options after ending last season with Taylor Heinicke stepping in for Alex Smith after the team cut Dwayne Haskins.

The New England Patriots are expected to evaluate college quarterbacks like Alabama’s Mac Jones after struggling last season with veteran Cam Newton. They would be an interesting landing spot for Watson, whom coach Bill Belichick has a ton of respect for.

The Panthers are expected to try to upgrade from Teddy Bridgewater whether it’s through the draft or a veteran.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Did you watch the video JJ posted on his twitter account?  (linked above)

Pretty much says it all...

No it doesn't. All of that other poo you invented in your head. You literally cannot post a single article with any of the details of the nature of the discussions with the Texans or what was said or how it was said or anything of the sort.

You are literally pulling this out of your ass to suit your own extremely weird internal narrative. It's pretty much what you do in just about any discussion here. The level of confidence about so many of these things you say without the slightest bit of actual information is staggering. 

Your takes would make David Newton blush.