• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Predicts Watson to be the Panthers starter in 2021

Big Sexy

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Basing Watson going to the Panthers solely on the fact that we're not in conference?

Yeah, that's weak. Especially so when you consider that both the Jets and the Dolphins are in far better position to make substantial offers.

He has three teams and they are not one of them. 

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, believing that something probably isn't going to happen is not the same thing as being against it happening.

I haven't really seen anybody be against the idea of having Deshaun Watson. There is some legitimate questioning of whether what we might have to give up to get him would be too much.

For my part, I just don't think the Texans are going to trade him. It's also possible that if they do, it might be far enough in the future that we'll have already gone down a different path.

They will trade him before the draft.  It makes absolutely zero sense to wait any longer than that.  Perhaps a draft day trade?  But anything after that kinda devalues any picks they would be getting for him.

31 minutes ago, Mage said:

3 1sts and McCaffrey

I agree giving up Burns or Brown is dumb.  But I think 3 1sts and CMC is a great deal, especially when you consider the 1st this year will likely be used on a QB no matter what.  That pick is a wash IMO.  And while I LOVE McCaffrey and consider him extremely valuable (I have his jersey and will always love it) he's worth throwing in there considering he's no longer on a rookie contract.  

Has anybody touched on the 24 million dollar dead cap hit we would take this year if we dealt CMC?  Can we even field a full roster with that much dead cap?  It would be pushing 50 mil this year with the addition of CMCs dead money.

• Pie 2

Just now, joemac said:

Has anybody touched on the 24 million dollar dead cap hit we would take this year if we dealt CMC?  Can we even field a full roster with that much dead cap?  It would be pushing 50 mil this year with the addition of CMCs dead money.

Gonna be honest I haven't even considered the cap ramifications lol

Wish the NFL had a trade machine like NBA has on ESPN

6 minutes ago, joemac said:

They will trade him before the draft.  It makes absolutely zero sense to wait any longer than that.  Perhaps a draft day trade?  But anything after that kinda devalues any picks they would be getting for him.

I'm not completely sold on any scenario that assumes the Texans are going to do what makes sense.

They've repeatedly demonstrated a very strong ability to do things that make no sense whatsoever.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Not to mention trading CMC will actually cost us 5 Million in cap space... Combine his dead money in and we don't have enough cap to pay that let alone Watson and the rest of the players we need to pay.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Not to mention trading CMC will actually cost us 5 Million in cap space... Combine his dead money in and we don't have enough cap to pay that let alone Watson and the rest of the players we need to pay.

Exactly.  I mean, im not going to pretend to completely understand the NFL salary cap - there are people smarter than me employed by the team to manage these things....but on its face, trading CMC this year seems a like a non-starter.