• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles and Colts reach deal on Wentz trade

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Footnote to the Wentz deal, but Derek Carr may be less available than some have speculated. 

Yeah, word has been that the Raiders have moved away from dealing Carr but are open to trading Mariota. Theres been speculation that the Patriots might look into that deal.

Judy Batista also mentioned that this trade likely lowers the asking price for other quarterbacks like Sam Darnold.

• Pie 1

QB is the most important position on the field and you better believe the Eagles are going to be doing their due diligence. Wentz wasn’t the answer. Hurts may not be either. If they think there’s a better option then they may take a QB. It would be ridiculous to think that a new coach has some type of undying loyalty to Hurts just because he was drafted last year. The only thing for certain in this draft is this draft is going to be crazy.

9 minutes ago, Boundary Guru said:

I believe Hurts will be their qb next year and there after. I guess, we will see....

I'd agree, but apparently there's now word that their starting QB choice is gonna be determined by competition.

Quoting Adam Schefter in the article PFT cites as a source...

...while the Eagles are likely to turn to Jalen Hurts, though they also intend to bring in competition for him. The Eagles' starting job is not expected to automatically go to Hurts.

Gotta figure that at least potentially includes them drafting someone.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd agree, but apparently there's now word that their starting QB choice is gonna be determined by competition.

Quoting Adam Schefter in the article PFT cites as a source...

...while the Eagles are likely to turn to Jalen Hurts, though they also intend to bring in competition for him. The Eagles' starting job is not expected to automatically go to Hurts.

Gotta figure that at least potentially includes them drafting someone.

I’d think it would be a free agent. Rookie isn’t gonna push hurts as much as a short term free agent. It’s a low risk move by Philly. If hurts turns out to be good (I believe he will be) then they would have wasted a pick on a qb. I expect them sign a FA qb wholeheartedly.