• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles and Colts reach deal on Wentz trade

Mr. Scot

51 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I’d think it would be a free agent. Rookie isn’t gonna push hurts as much as a short term free agent. It’s a low risk move by Philly. If hurts turns out to be good (I believe he will be) then they would have wasted a pick on a qb. I expect them sign a FA qb wholeheartedly. 

It'd make sense, but they're taking a hell of a cap hit with the Wentz trade so they need whomever they get to be pretty cheap. That makes a rookie a very possible option.

5 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Hurts could use a vet there to help him out.  Teddy?

I forget who (probably Joe Person) but someone recently mentioned in a discussion about the Panthers and Wentz that trading Bridgewater to them would be pretty tough to do given his contract and their cap situation.

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

I’d think it would be a free agent. Rookie isn’t gonna push hurts as much as a short term free agent. It’s a low risk move by Philly. If hurts turns out to be good (I believe he will be) then they would have wasted a pick on a qb. I expect them sign a FA qb wholeheartedly. 

I live in Philly and all the Eagles fans I know tell me they're drafting another QB. Take that for it's worth (not much). 

14 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

I live in Philly and all the Eagles fans I know tell me they're drafting another QB. Take that for it's worth (not much). 

My co-workers (4) who are life long eagles fans want to see hurts. They are begging for the eagles to get some receivers. I think just like our fan base is divided on Watson, they are divided by drafting a qb.

Edited by TheCasillas

26 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

My co-workers (4) who are life long eagles fans want to see hurts. They are begging for the eagles to get some receivers. I think just like our fan base is divided on Watson, they are divided by drafting a qb.

Is it really that divided though?(I don't have social media so don't know what the scoop is there)

On here most people definitely want Watson with some outliers.

You could make an argument for the eagle drafting or not drafting a QB.  Hurts was a 2nd rounder so its not like they have a lot invested in him.  He didn't play great overall, but he is a rookie so that is understandable.

Flip side is if they do draft a QB in the first they are basically counting on either wasting last years 2nd or this years 1st.  Maybe they saw enough to give Hurts another year, add some talent around him.  Maybe a WR early.

At this point I don't think anyone can say with certainty what they will d.   Taking a QB, taking a non-QB, or trading down are all possilities.

35 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

You could make an argument for the eagle drafting or not drafting a QB.  Hurts was a 2nd rounder so its not like they have a lot invested in him.  He didn't play great overall, but he is a rookie so that is understandable.

Flip side is if they do draft a QB in the first they are basically counting on either wasting last years 2nd or this years 1st.  Maybe they saw enough to give Hurts another year, add some talent around him.  Maybe a WR early.

At this point I don't think anyone can say with certainty what they will d.   Taking a QB, taking a non-QB, or trading down are all possilities.

It's a new coach so there's no ties to Hurts really. New coach, new QB. It's definitely a possibility. WRs are easier to get in later rounds than QBs so if they want one, they'll be some good ones available. The more of these moves get made, the more chaos there could be at the top of the draft. 

Eagles WONT be drafting a QB this year

they have the worst cap space in the league

they will likely trade this pick to acquire more draft capital

they will likely have a complete purge of an offseason (Ertz, Jeffrey, Cox, Johnson) and go full tank mode

Eagles will have nearly 80 million in cap space 2022 and quite possibly the #1 pick next year due to them having likely having a Carolina’esque 1-15 season this year