• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth on the QB situation...

*FreeFua*

24 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

That's fantastic really. I personally love wasting an elite QB with Shula and love wasting a good OC with TB.
This team is always great.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Read the first tweet.

Q: As of today's date, do you think we'll open next season with the same quarterback (Bridgewater)?

A: Correct. Much can change but I'd say as of today, it's Teddy.

As of today it’s Teddy LMAO u take it’s a real possibility he starts as of February 18th. I can’t wait to show this post to you again real soon.

Meh I don’t really care if TB is the wb next season. We already know he isn’t the future but we have to take our lumps and should take the time to find it...just as almost all other teams have had to do with a bridge QB. This team won’t be competitive until 2023 anyways and won’t get interesting really until the year after that.

I know that’s a lot of patience, logic, and realistic expectations though so I can see it pissing off the huddle.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

As of today it’s Teddy LMAO u take it’s a real possibility he starts as of February 18th. I can’t wait to show this post to you again real soon.

Not my answer. It's Bill's, and it's pretty straightforward.

As he mentioned, much can change, but that's where we stand right now.

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

It's really not hard to understand, as of right now means as of right now. Then Scot said it's a real possibility TB is the QB next year and that is a real possibility.

The new kids can't read for poo.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

It's really not hard to understand, as of right now means as of right now. Then Scot said it's a real possibility TB is the QB next year and that is a real possibility.

The new kids can't read for poo.

It’s February 18th I mean who else would be the qb right now LMAO. Maybe u should learn how to read into things, my bad you probably don’t know how to do that do you?

Edited by BurnNChinn

10 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Not sure why everyone immediately freaks out as if it’s set in stone that Teddy starts in 2021. He literally says ‘much can change’... it’s February 18th! 

Houston will eventually have to cave to Watson’s demand of wanting to be traded. As far as the draft goes though, I don’t think the Jets trade that #2 pick.

Also, we can draft any of the top 3 QBs (obv. excluding Lawrence) and still see Teddy start this year. This is actually my preference.

• Pie 2

Just now, Kentucky Panther said:

After a year where we had literally zero income from fans coming to games, I doubt in the highest degree that we roll Teddy out there to start the year. Keeping him on the field will keep fans at home. 

This and all of this. Tepper is not going to go through that again you can bet on that!

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Meh I don’t really care if TB is the wb next season. We already know he isn’t the future but we have to take our lumps and should take the time to find it...just as almost all other teams have had to do with a bridge QB. This team won’t be competitive until 2023 anyways and won’t get interesting really until the year after that.

I know that’s a lot of patience, logic, and realistic expectations though so I can see it pissing off the huddle.

Things change so fast in the NFL that it’s hard to say when we’ll be competitive.  We were competitive this year but our QB really held us back.  No one thought we’d go 15-1 with the MVP and go to a Super Bowl after going 7-8-1 the year before.  All you can really do is make moves for players you’re confident in.  If the defense continues to grow and we get a competent QB, anything can happen.