• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth on the QB situation...

*FreeFua*

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah, they know this. I personally thought they’ve made their intentions quite clear so far this offseason.

Again, it’s February 18th... of course as of today Teddy is our QB. Can things change? Of course.

Options are limited though. Lawrence and Wilson are going 1-2 to the Jags and Jets and that isn’t changing. They made a real run at Stafford, offering their 1st rounder... so they’re trying 

I don't think the Wilson at #2 is a lock. 

1 minute ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

I feel for everyone who wants a different qb.

I completely agree on that point.

However there's nothing wrong with trying to stand pat and use the next two years to build up our depth at any number of positions, including qb, and letting the draft come to us.

Remember, everyone: Rhule notoriously favors a slow build approach where it takes years to rebuild a program.

I'm an old man. I'd definitely love to see a good Panthers team sooner rather than later 😆

A month ago, the idea of standing pat with Bridgewater for another year would have sounded incomprehensible to me. Even today, the thought makes me cringe.

But with all that said, it might just happen.

Hope not, but who knows?

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

After how he looked against the Saints?

He looked awful, Im FIRMLY in "Panthers got faaaar too many holes/dont overpay for Watson/early first group". FIRM!

No one of the trade everything for Watson crew has answer my question about the OL or how they feel about putting him behind it. NOT ONE. They must feel watson can block the whole DL, be the starting TE, and not get injuried during this. Walker isnt Teddy, since many have a hate boner for Teddy. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, bigskypanthersguy said:

I feel for everyone who wants a different qb.

I completely agree on that point.

However there's nothing wrong with trying to stand pat and use the next two years to build up our depth at any number of positions, including qb, and letting the draft come to us.

Remember, everyone: Rhule notoriously favors a slow build approach where it takes years to rebuild a program.

I feel this is a very on paper type sentiment. By the time the QB we draft in 2023 is ready to get us a SB, we will have to pay Burns, Chinn, Moore, Brown, etc. And that is assuming the rookie QB even works out. It's cyclical, there's always going to be people you have to pay (IF you draft well). Getting a QB is paramount. It is a QB league. Chiefs, Packers roster is slightly above average outside QB and they win 12+ a year. 

This is why so many people are excited about the thought of getting a 25 year old Watson, even if the price is steep. It is worth it. 

Just now, Basbear said:

He looked awful, Im FIRMLY in "Panthers gone faaaar too many holes/dont overpay for Watson/early first group". FIRM!

No one of the trade everything for Watson crew has answer my question about the OL or how they feel about putting him behind it. NOT ONE. They must feel watson can block the whole DL, be the starting TE, and not get injuried during this. Walker isnt Teddy, since many have a hate boner for Teddy. 

Exactly.  The oline and secondary alone make me seriously ponder the idea of trading back this year to try to fix as much as we can.

1 minute ago, PantherKyle said:

I feel this is a very on paper type sentiment. By the time the QB we draft in 2023 is ready to get us a SB, we will have to pay Burns, Chinn, Moore, Brown, etc. And that is assuming the rookie QB even works out. It's cyclical, there's always going to be people you have to pay (IF you draft well). Getting a QB is paramount. It is a QB league. Chiefs, Packers roster is slightly above average outside QB and they win 12+ a year. 

This is why so many people are excited about the thought of getting a 25 year old Watson, even if the price is steep. It is worth it. 

I understand the desire.

Do you trust the offensive line as it is now to be better than the Texans', better than last year, or protect Watson?