• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth on the QB situation...

*FreeFua*

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's still the possibility they could trade for someone like Darnold or Mariota, but Voth seemed indicate that if we don't get Watson, the most likely Plan B is to look to the draft.

Others have said similar things. It definitely doesn't sound farfetched.

Yeah for sure my point is Teddy is dead in the water here

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The part about needing Houston to make a wise choice is where the plan fails.

Correct. They've handled this situation pretty damn poorly and just keep pissing off a well liked guy and face of their franchise.

I don't have a clue how all this shakes out but the longer it goes the thicker the trail of smoke goes and I just don't see Tepper losing a battle to get "his guy" as La Canfora so clearly outlined Tep's feelings on DW4

6 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

I'm not even really considering "next year's draft" in that.

The defensive line needs more depth, imo.

Linebacker, good luck.  It's more "where do we start to build" than anything.

Tight end is a depthless waste of roster space currently.

RB: can CMC stay healthy?  Was last year an anomaly?

WR: I'm still hoping we can keep Samuel honestly.  I think it's likely our strongest position.

OL is more LOL.

I could blink and miss every single qb we have.  

The secondary is more of an afterthought than anything.  Donte Jackson never lived up to his draft hype, Pryde doesn't inspire me, and the rest...christ.  May god protect Chinn.

Wow real thoughts??? No good huddlers are in QB heat, theyre not in control. Ive been planeting seeds about the lack of talent and depth, they dont care. Blinded by the QB light. I'll just add both Robby Anderson and Moore are 2022 FAs, burns needs 20 million per very soon too.

Edited by Basbear

I think too much damage has been done already. Between him getting benched at the end of year and all these rumors about us looking for a qb when its not even March yet....i would be shocked if teddy starts next year. Front office has literally walked all over him since the season ended, i just don't see it. Lol

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Basbear said:

He looked awful, Im FIRMLY in "Panthers got faaaar too many holes/dont overpay for Watson/early first group". FIRM!

No one of the trade everything for Watson crew has answer my question about the OL or how they feel about putting him behind it. NOT ONE. They must feel watson can block the whole DL, be the starting TE, and not get injuried during this. Walker isnt Teddy, since many have a hate boner for Teddy. 

You fix the f***ing OL as quickly as possible. Our cap situation gets MUCH better next season. Plus, the cap can always be manipulated.

Franchise, then extend Taylor Moton. Draft a tackle in the 2nd round. Sign a solid veteran guard for a year. Restructure some contracts to make it work.

This really isn't rocket science.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Woody26 said:

Correct. They've handled this situation pretty damn poorly and just keep pissing off a well liked guy and face of their franchise.

I don't have a clue how all this shakes out but the longer it goes the thicker the trail of smoke goes and I just don't see Tepper losing a battle to get "his guy" as La Canfora so clearly outlined Tep's feelings on DW4

I don't doubt he'll be aggressive, and I'm all for aggressive, but there are a couple of things worth noting.

My biggest concern is the Jerry Jones scenario. Let's say Fitterer and Rhule see a proposed trade scenario and say "no, that's too much to give up". I'd prefer Tepper accept their judgment. If he comes in and overrides them, that's a bad thing.

Also worth pointing out that Tepper is on a level playing field here. Yes, he typically gets what he wants because in most cases he's got more money and power than anybody else, but that's not the case here. Being the richest NFL owner doesn't necessarily make you the most powerful (again, ask Jerry Jones).⁰

15 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

I understand the desire.

Do you trust the offensive line as it is now to be better than the Texans', better than last year, or protect Watson?

Think Miller can be had for cheap to be a bridge guard. At that point, it's using draft capital or a cap casualty to patchwork LT and RG. I do think it is doable, yes. And using rounds 2-7 is often forgotten by fans. 

3 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

You fix the f***ing OL as quickly as possible. Our cap situation gets MUCH better next season. Plus, the cap can always be manipulated.

Franchise, then extend Taylor Moton. Draft a tackle in the 2nd round. Sign a solid veteran guard for a year. Restructure some contracts to make it work.

This really isn't rocket science.

Finally was just fixing to write this, nobody looks at how much better cap is starting next year. Boom

• Pie 1

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

I think too much damage has been done already. Between him getting benched at the end of year and all these rumors about us looking for a qb when its not even March yet....i would be shocked if teddy starts next year. Front office has literally walked all over him since the season ended, i just don't see it. Lol

One thing that is being alluded to or tangentially related on some of the discussions is Tepper being "that way". He even did it with Hurney when he was complimenting him then was like "well not great" and poo like that. Tepper seems like the kind of owner who could end up on 'when keeping it real goes wrong'.

He just sort of willy nilly says things like that which even if true or is his real thoughts as a leader of the team it may be best to keep those things out of the media. It's funny but doesn't help the situation honestly.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Just to reiterate, he deserves this treatment. It's a business. Don't care if he is a nice guy. He doesn't produce. Hasn't since he was drafted in 2014. The nice guy appeal and big injury altered people's thoughts.

I remember before the ATL TNF game this year the whole panel was saying Teddy is our franchise guy. Drove me nuts. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

Think Miller can be had for cheap to be a bridge guard. At that point, it's using draft capital or a cap casualty to patchwork LT and RG. I do think it is doable, yes. And using rounds 2-7 is often forgotten by fans. 

Outside of the price, the worry I have with Watson is his injury history.

With a questionable at best offensive line, that worry increases.

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

One thing that is being alluded to or tangentially related on some of the discussions is Tepper being "that way". He even did it with Hurney when he was complimenting him then was like "well not great" and poo like that. Tepper seems like the kind of owner who could end up on 'when keeping it real goes wrong'.

He just sort of willy nilly says things like that which even if true or is his real thoughts as a leader of the team it may be best to keep those things out of the media. It's funny but doesn't help the situation honestly.

He's one of those guys that I definitely think is better off not doing many press conferences.

His getting a little snippy with Alaina Getzenberg when she was having technical issues was kind of a "come on, man" moment too.

• Pie 1

Voth is wrong as much as an opinion concerning an unrealized objective event can be.  Everything that's been reported about Tepper's mindset indicates he's sick of this milquetoast bull poo and isn't going to tolerate it for a second longer.  I think last year when he let "the football guys" make the decision, as you're supposed to as an owner, and all it did was led to the disastrous Teddy Two Yards year, it really soured him on the supposed wisdom of letting the football guys make all the calls and all the other unwritten BS around the league.  

In Tepper's mind, he paid billions for this team, he's in his 60s, he wants a winner, and as long as he's cutting the checks then he's going to get a say.  He's got a fan's mindset and that's a good thing, unlike Leg Shaver who was just happy to run a family business where everyone can be comfortable.

Edited by MVPccaffrey
  • Flames 1