• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth on the QB situation...

*FreeFua*

55 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Why do you just assume the OL has to be garbage if we get Watson? Our cap situation will improve SIGNIFICANTLY next year and we always have the option of restructuring some contracts to create cap space for this year. There's no reason we can't re-sign Moton, draft another tackle in the 2nd round, and sign a couple of solid veterans for a year or two.

Not saying we wouldn't have to continue to build the OL after that, but it's not like we'd have the worst OL in football either.

The point being, there is no short term viable option to fix the oline and I would prefer we have all our picks to accomplish that.

Frankly if Watson happens we would be better off with FA to fill that hole.

And all that cap space?

We do have other people to retain too and Watson's deal is an albatross.

And there is still no indication Houston wants to trade him.

And Moton getting extended may not happen.

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What we did spamming picks on defense last year... we can do that on the OL too. There's also free agency and there will be some surprise cap casualties. I don't expect us to be signing marquee FAs, but you don't have to spend huge money to upgrade from what we currently have.

We still seem to struggle with drafting oline.

Our new GM came from Seattle who struggles there too.

A lithe QB with an injury history with an experimental approach at best to an oline is not a recipe for success.

We are not even certain we can keep Moton and Paradis would be our next "best" olineman which says little.

You Watson proponents seem to think he is the only key piece we need.

Like it or not we are years away from being consistently competitive so frankly why the frenzy now when something else may open up down the road that is less expensive?

I know Watson is tantalizing.

But after giving up multiple picks and possibly defensive starters, how long does it take to replenish a cupboard that is sparse to begin with?

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

All I know is this:

If you rearrange the letters in Teddy Bridgewater it spells "Lombardi Trophy"

You have to change some of the letters and throw a few away, but it works.

first place winner GIF by Target

An actual anagram for Teddy Bridgewater is: Warty Bedded Tiger
Imagine that poo for a second

Then like:
Ratty Big Rewedded
War Bettered Giddy
Watery Debt Ridged

Tart Bridged Weedy
Dater Derby Widget (lol)

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

1:  A good qb can only mask so much.  I frankly do not think there is any sense in trading for Watson with the current state of the offensive line.  As sick as some people are with the bandaid approach at qb, we've tried the bandaid approach at o-line for years and failed at it.   So has Seattle.  We had years to give Cam Newton help and failed at that too.  If we get Watson I do not want to see him obliterated too.

2:  The Rams' model is eventually going to bite them in the ass and let's face it, at the end of the day, your goal is to win a Super Bowl.  To this point, McVay has not.

3:  You are correct in that we don't know what the draft will bring, but we also don't know what vet qbs may be available next year when we're in a better position as far as depth to try to better able protect them.  Hell, this Watson situation could drag on so long and get so heated he just retires in lieu of being traded.

4:  In order to try to trade for him, the Texans have to actually be interested in doing so.  There has never been any indication this is the case.

I am quite cognizant of your desire to get Watson.  It may not happen and all available evidence suggests to embrace that possibility.

I agree, trading 1 first for a day starter is one thing, trading three and your best offensive player is another. This team needs help on both sides of the ball and the depth is pathetic. 

43 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

We still seem to struggle with drafting oline.

Our new GM came from Seattle who struggles there too.

A lithe QB with an injury history with an experimental approach at best to an oline is not a recipe for success.

We are not even certain we can keep Moton and Paradis would be our next "best" olineman which says little.

You Watson proponents seem to think he is the only key piece we need.

Like it or not we are years away from being consistently competitive so frankly why the frenzy now when something else may open up down the road that is less expensive?

I know Watson is tantalizing.

But after giving up multiple picks and possibly defensive starters, how long does it take to replenish a cupboard that is sparse to begin with?

Fitts wasn't making the decision in Seattle. We'll have to see if those same issues follow him here. Elite QBs give you an opportunity to compete. If you don't have one, you're not going to compete. 1st round picks aren't the only way to obtain talent, they were just the only way that Marty Hurney was able to obtain talent.

• Pie 2

Ok now I can't stop:
Gated Brewed Dirty
Gyrated Bird Tweed (roflmao)
Tragedy Birded Wet (hahah)
Raged Biddy Wetter (omg)
Graded Bitter Dewy
Daddy Brig Tweeter 

Dab Dredger Ye Twit
Debated Grid We Try
Badder Ed We Gritty (pahaha)

Grab Redyed Dew Tit (don't tho)
Bar Deed Ditty Grew

lol omg I have too much fun with this poo man

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fitts wasn't making the decision in Seattle. We'll have to see if those same issues follow him here. Elite QBs give you an opportunity to compete. If you don't have one, you're not going to compete. 1st round picks aren't the only way to obtain talent, they were just the only way that Marty Hurney was able to obtain talent.

If Fitterer can improve our overall drafting in and of itself it's a huge win.

I am so disgusted at Richardson for hiring Hurney again.

That idiotic clown is the biggest reason we're so talent deficient.  Gettleman too but he's been gone for a while now.  I will never understand DG's decision to draft Benjamin and then Funchess essentially back to back.  What an idiotic decision.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

If Fitterer can improve our overall drafting in and of itself it's a huge win.

I am so disgusted at Richardson for hiring Hurney again.

That idiotic clown is the biggest reason we're so talent deficient.  Gettleman too but he's been gone for a while now.  I will never understand DG's decision to draft Benjamin and then Funchess essentially back to back.  What an idiotic decision.

Did you see that one YT video that showed how it could be argued that Benjamin is the reason Cam got his what will be career ending shoulder injury in the first place?

KB didn't try to get the ball that was the pick and then he didn't tackle the guy at all and that's the play that Cam dove for trying to tackle the guy.

The 10:28 mark

2 hours ago, jtm said:

Also, I’d love to keep Bridgewater in Carolina, but as a back up. He strikes me as the kind of guy that probably realizes his future in the NFL is as a back up. 

I don't want to pay 20 million for a backup QB unless we have a rookie deal at QB.

• Pie 1