• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston released

electro's horse

17 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

after a cursory google search, I can't find a link.  Of course I could be wrong, but I don't know why I'd remember it if it never happened.  I remember that he was respectful in his answer, that there was uncertainty, and why would he want to be a part of that.  Does Tepper coming in fit the timeline?  

Doesn't matter anyway.  He got paid, and we were still in cap hell.

I may not be understanding you correctly. Are you saying Bradberry said this in the last six months regarding his departure from the Panthers?

If I am understanding you correctly, that means he believed as of last March that Marty was on his way out.

Edited by Mr. Scot

43 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

No, that wasn't directly said, but a lot of other things were that gives the impression that he's near the bottom. The man played ball with character and integrity. He doesn't deserve to be disrespected. 

FS was (and has always been) on my "need to upgrade" list, that is for sure.

5 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Make Paradis next June cut and then cut Burris

I think we are in a great position with Paradis--if we have a rookie G on either side, it might be worth it to keep him for 1 year---since we are not going to benefit from his cap relief this year anyway--and upgrade C next year.  However, if we can bring in a few G's in free agency, I really like the rookies in the draft (Myers, Humphries, etc) so we could add a T and a C and we'd be suddenly good on the OL.  If we trade for a QB, then we lose the first rounder, but there should be some tackles in the second and maybe a C in the third.  I could live with it.

54 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I may not be understanding you correctly. Are you saying Bradberry said this in the last six months regarding his departure from the Panthers?

If I am understanding you correctly, that means he believed as of last March that Marty was on his way out.

Yes.  don't hold me to 6 months, but maybe a year.   But I could be thinking of another player.  The sentiment was he knew there was a shakeup coming and that it was an uncertainty that he didn't want to commit to.  

20 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Yes.  don't hold me to 6 months, but maybe a year.   But I could be thinking of another player.  The sentiment was he knew there was a shakeup coming and that it was an uncertainty that he didn't want to commit to.  

Well, if he saw a shakeup coming back in March, I'd say his insight was pretty good.

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

We have needed safeties of some form or fashion ever since John Fox walked into the building.  Hopefully Rhule puts a higher value on them.

Basically since the first set of Ss we had as a team we have been in need of S lol.

Mike Minter wasn't the best S ever but fug man compared to the poo stains we've had he may as well be a HoFer. Chris Harris did well with us for a split minute. I mean a Harris Minter combo would be good if we ever coulda had that.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MintMi21.htm

A lot of the newbs may not even know we had a legit fugin FS at one time. I think he moved to SS later on when he got older.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 1

Not a fan either, but I respected the fact that Boston never took the late season for granted. He was one of the only players in 2019 to give 100% effort late season. Same for last year, he payed his best late season too. Hernaiy was about the only GM to give him big safety money, have fun in washington Tre..