• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston released

electro's horse

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'll be nervous if it is. Short will be one. You only have two. We need to keep one in our back pocket for Teddy if need be. If we don't, then the prospect of Teddy being our QB next year becomes very, very real and if that happens, my Sunday afternoons this fall become very open.

Didn't we already release Short a couple of days ago?

I never saw anything on if that designation was being applied to him.

Edited by Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There was a safety that everybody really liked at the Senior Bowl, a guy that Matt Rhule mentioned specifically when he was asked about draftable players.

Naturally, I've forgotten his name 😕

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/31/panthers-matt-rhule-senior-bowl-praise/

UCF S Richie Grant

Grant (six-foot, 194 pounds) was one of the true stars in Mobile, boosting his draft stock with a strong week of practice. His ball skills will be a solid addition to whatever team drafts him. Grant totaled 10 interceptions and 17 pass breakups during college. He also forced five fumbles. Most draft experts are expecting him to come off the board in the second round. Carolina could use safety help, so he’s worth considering with the No. 40 overall pick.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'll be nervous if it is. Short will be one. You only have two. We need to keep one in our back pocket for Teddy if need be. If we don't, then the prospect of Teddy being our QB next year becomes very, very real and if that happens, my Sunday afternoons this fall become very open.

I read that Short is being released now and not designated as a post June 1 cut. If we don’t designate Boston as a post June 1 cut then we save less than $1 million by cutting him, which is kind of a bad move imo. The more exciting question is, where is all this money going to go?

• Pie 1

my understanding is that Kawaan Short was not a June 1 release. especially since the team already announced it and stuff. if he was a June 1 cut, they couldn't make it official until the start of the league year. so with Boston looking like a June 1 cut, that leaves space for another June 1 cut if the Panthers are so inclined.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WaterBoy said:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/31/panthers-matt-rhule-senior-bowl-praise/

UCF S Richie Grant

Grant (six-foot, 194 pounds) was one of the true stars in Mobile, boosting his draft stock with a strong week of practice. His ball skills will be a solid addition to whatever team drafts him. Grant totaled 10 interceptions and 17 pass breakups during college. He also forced five fumbles. Most draft experts are expecting him to come off the board in the second round. Carolina could use safety help, so he’s worth considering with the No. 40 overall pick.

I'd be for it.

Feels like it's been forever since we had a really good safety (other than if you count Chinn)

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, vorbis said:

my understanding is that Kawaan Short was not a June 1 release. especially since the team already announced it and stuff. if he was a June 1 cut, they couldn't make it official until the start of the league year. so with Boston looking like a June 1 cut, that leaves space for another June 1 cut if the Panthers are so inclined.

Yeah, the "salary cap reasons" for waiting on Tre is likely that he's going to be designated post-June 1st.