• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston released

electro's horse

1 hour ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Tre  Boston was a better FS than most of the Panthers former FS. Ie.  Thomas Decoud, Haruki Nakamura, Duke Cooper, Colin Branch etc.

We can at least show the man some respect for what he's done for our/his team...

Ok....he was the tallest Pygmy and didn’t suck quite as bad as the crappy FS’s we’ve had.  

Satisfied?

20 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

Ok....he was the tallest Pygmy and didn’t suck quite as bad as the crappy FS’s we’ve had.  

Satisfied?

Yeah, our history at FS is straight up trash. Deon Grant is probably the only FS we've ever had who would actually have been welcomed as a starter for more than a handful of teams in the league. We have historically been ran by dinosaurs who still think the safety position is of low value and ignoring how increasingly pass happy the NFL is becoming.

I don't think this will continue with Fitts. He saw first hand what Earl Thomas did for that Seahawks D. It may take some time to find the right guy, but I think he'll be looking and not just constantly trying to find a JAG off the trash heap.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Stuff like this is why I'm not a fan of PFF.

This isn’t crazy. Points to him being pretty good as a deep coverage player, bang average in the slot, and absolutely awful in the box. Given that most free safety coverage reps aren’t on the normal viewing angle, I can’t say whether they’re wrong or right about the deep coverage stuff. But they sure are right about him near the line. 

Hate to see him go. Good guy, he'll be missed.

Back in 2019 folks were talking about needing a new coach and management, a few squeaks about blowing up the team.  Well, this is what it looks like: a dismantling of what we had and a total rebuild.

If you thought we were trying to be competitive for next year, you haven't looked at Rhule's track record and methodologies. Third year is his target year after two years of house cleaning and recruiting. 

I said back in the day, things were going to look worse before they got better. They did and they are. I said back then that there was a pretty good chance that Rivera would have a winning record and be relevant again before the Panthers were. He did and he is. 

I'm buckled in, though, and waiting for next season to see if we can see that sea change starting to happen. I'd hate to think that after 2021, Rhule would be sailing into 2022 still wrecking the roster and trying to get his plan in place.