• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Queue up the Brass Bonanza!

zacka77ack

I don't care who is in net, really. 

I just hope we come out ready to play tomorrow. I feel like we got screwed with this rescheduling. 

This 4 game series is going to have serious playoff implications. Luckily, other than Mrazek, we are relatively healthy going in. 

One way or the other, I think we'll be able to look back at this week as the turning point in our season. 

7 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I just hope we come out ready to play tomorrow. I feel like we got screwed with this rescheduling. 

This 4 game series is going to have serious playoff implications. Luckily, other than Mrazek, we are relatively healthy going in. 

One way or the other, I think we'll be able to look back at this week as the turning point in our season. 

I think we will take at least half the points...  my prediction 2-1-1

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

I hope it isnt a turning point. That would imply things getting worse.

4 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I hope it isnt a turning point. That would imply things getting worse.

Not necessarily. 

If we were to go 3-1 or 4-0, especially if they are regulation wins, that would be huge for playoff seeding. 

And we will, presumably, be getting Mrazek back at some point. 

If we are still averaging ~4 goals a game AND have the inside track for the top seed when Petr gets back, we would have the flexibility to strategically rest some guys with minor nicks and scratches, and go into the playoffs as healthy/rested as possible.

This set of 4 games will either put Carolina in a pretty good playoff position or the Canes will asking for help from other division foes.

Carolina is up 2 points to 1 in the season series based on the OT win in January. The Canes are a much better team today than they were in January and they have 4 solid lines which creates some matchup advantages- Tampa Bay has 2 exceptional lines, a third which is good and a 4th that doesn't impress me. Sorry, I don't see the reigning Cup champs as being all that good- not as good as last year. But they do have a goalie, and that's a big deal, especially when Carolina's 1A is giving up over 3 goals a game.

Bottom line- I'll take points from this series any way I can get them.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

This set of 4 games will either put Carolina in a pretty good playoff position or the Canes will asking for help from other division foes.

Carolina is up 2 points to 1 in the season series based on the OT win in January. The Canes are a much better team today than they were in January and they have 4 solid lines which creates some matchup advantages- Tampa Bay has 2 exceptional lines, a third which is good and a 4th that doesn't impress me. Sorry, I don't see the reigning Cup champs as being all that good- not as good as last year. But they do have a goalie, and that's a big deal, especially when Carolina's 1A is giving up over 3 goals a game.

Bottom line- I'll take points from this series any way I can get them.

Agreed. I think though Florida is actually going to be our top competition in the division unless we lose a majority to TB this series. Then it'd go 1) FL, 2) TB, 3) Canes. If we win out or 3-1 we will be in play for the one spot.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Agreed. I think though Florida is actually going to be our top competition in the division unless we lose a majority to TB this series. Then it'd go 1) FL, 2) TB, 3) Canes. If we win out or 3-1 we will be in play for the one spot.

They did just lose to Detroit and they didn't have the excuse of recently losing half their lineup to covid.