• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our Updated Cap

Calboyz13

According to Spotrac after releasing Boston , Weatherly , Paraldy Spotrac has us sitting at 9th with 35,231,683 with 22,672,807 in DC for the season I do expect Burris to be released as well and maybe Shaq and Paradis contracts to be re structured to give us a little more money. Who would like Carolina to go after in Free agency? 

I’m curious to see what they do with Paradis. Personally, I don’t think you can cut him and expect to replace 4/5 OL positions in one offseason. 

I don’t think Paradis was as bad as many think as he suffered from having to play next to Chris Reed at times. That left side of the line was a real problem when Okung wasn’t playing which was most of the time. 

Assuming pick 8 ends up getting shipped off, it would be franchise changing to land a LT in round 2

• Pie 6

39 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I’m curious to see what they do with Paradis. Personally, I don’t think you can cut him and expect to replace 4/5 OL positions in one offseason. 

I don’t think Paradis was as bad as many think as he suffered from having to play next to Chris Reed at times. That left side of the line was a real problem when Okung wasn’t playing which was most of the time. 

Assuming pick 8 ends up getting shipped off, it would be franchise changing to land a LT in round 2

Much as I hate to say it, with as many holes as this roster still has, I don't think the goal is to contend next year either. You can probably replace as many linemen as you want; the lack of continuity isn't going to torpedo next year's championship run.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Why are we cutting Burris? Is his contract that bad? We just cut a safety and he seemed pretty decent when he was on the field

I don't think he will be release, but if he did it would be an additonal 4+million back in our pokcet and the safety market will be cheap and flooded this off season.

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

This is the draft to do it too. Leatherwood, Eichenberg(not super high on em), Radunz could probably be had round two. Then even deeper, I’m really interested in Walker little in a later round. Dudes got caliber. I’d just hope he works out because we can’t get screwed by OT named Little, twice.

I don't see us cutting ties with Paradis for the reason many have said.  Having to start 3 new OL is tough enough without replacing the center with somebody completely new, as well.

I'm not sure why we would restructure him, either.  He is 32, on the last year of his contract, and it is almost inconceivable that we would extend him or resign him beyond this year.  Whatever we would save this year, when our expectations are not all that high, only gets turned into dead cap next year or later, when we might be in contention.