• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos bow out of race for Watson.

Verge

24 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

And we won’t be in that top two. Don’t know why people don’t understand that we are far down on that list despite how thirsty we are for a QB. 

So we should trust you and not the daily reports coming from multiple sources that we are doing pretty much anything we can to get him?

You for the next round of lottery numbers, too?

We're cutting players, Teddy unfollows Panthers with a chance to be offloaded on Texans in the blockbuster deal. How soon until we bring Watson here and maybe extend his deal some? Not sure how long his current contract runs, but could see us sweetening the pot for him by offering an increase somewhere too.

1 hour ago, Verge said:

For what it is worth, the Texans are telling pretty much everyone that Watson is not available, but the internal price keeps rising. Teams know what the cost is. 3-4 1st rounders, or 2-3 1st rounders and a great young starter.

Lol

Let’s imagine this team for a second without their previous 3-4 first round picks and/or a top defensive player.

-Brown

-Burns

-DJ Moore

Minus a 4th first rounder:

-CMC

Throw in a good, young defensive player (not sure we even have 2 after the above lol)

-Chinn

Cam you imagine how god awful this team would be without all these players? I mean you trade all that for Watson so Samuel and Anderson can be his primary targets, Davis getting shut down in the backfield and Moton the only olineman IF he’s resigned?

Then the defense...Shaq thompson....and...maybe we can get injured Short back?

lol

Just isn’t worth it.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

So we should trust you and not the daily reports coming from multiple sources that we are doing pretty much anything we can to get him?

You for the next round of lottery numbers, too?

I’ve never once questioned are ability to trade for him. I have questioned his desire to want to play here. He has a no trade clause. He’s not going anywhere he doesn’t want to play. A lot of dominos need to fall before he even has to consider playing here. Hence him still on the Texans roster. You think it’s coincidence that Wentz and Stafford are already gone and he isn’t? It’s because they don’t want to trade him. And when that time comes that conversation doesn’t start with us. A few teams have to say no first. 

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Ship said:

We're cutting players, Teddy unfollows Panthers with a chance to be offloaded on Texans in the blockbuster deal. How soon until we bring Watson here and maybe extend his deal some? Not sure how long his current contract runs, but could see us sweetening the pot for him by offering an increase somewhere too.

He literally is on the first year of a five year deal. If we extend him, it better be to get his cap figure down. 

Just now, AceBoogie said:

I’ve never once questioned are ability to trade for him. I have questioned his desire to want to play here. He has a no trade clause. He’s not going anywhere he doesn’t want to play. A lot of dominos need to fall before he even has to consider playing here. Hence him still on the Texans roster. You think it’s coincidence that Wentz and Stafford are already gone and he isn’t? It’s because they don’t want to trade him. And when that time comes that conversation doesn’t start with us. A few teams have to say no first. 

I guess we will see. There’s a lot of smoke around us and Watson, and it’s the off-season before the draft. At the very least it’s going to be talked about a lot on here.  This story has made it further than any of us thought possible in the first place. So who knows. 

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

This is quite different then what you said in the past about him absolutely not wanting to come here.

• Beer 2

19 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Do u agree with this @AceBoogieabout Watson not wanting to come here because of way we treated Cam. Voth came out yesterday and told someone he would not turn down anything if he wanted out 

Dumb. Business was treated like business. Least that’s what the players say when they chase the money. Panthers never sniffed another QB for years letting Cam rehab on the bench...and paid him 60 million to do it then be cut after negotiate couldn’t be had and no one wanted to trade anything for him. Not sure what what kind of creepy butthurt fanboy poo you’re thinking of.

If the Panthers were smart they would’ve told Cam to suck it up, there’ll be no ‘commitment’ and sent him out as a lame duck QB and save TB money.

But I’m sure creepy fanboys would’ve said that was treating him bad too.

Anything other than a family friendly 4 year extension (probably worth at least 100 million) would have made fanboys mad TBH - unfortunately for Panther fans the team as a whole that would have been really fuging stupid.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

This is quite different then what you said in the past about him absolutely not wanting to come here.

Oh I 100% don’t think he wants to play in Carolina if you want me to say that again. 

But the caveat there is if it comes down to Houston or Carolina. 

Many here thinks that’s the case just because David Newton said so and people jumped to it for clicks. 

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Taking off my homer glasses, the Jets have some HUGE advantages.

1. They have the #2 overall pick. They can guarantee the Texans the #2 QB prospect in this draft (a.k.a. Zach Wilson)

2. They have Sam Darnold to potentially dangle if the Texans have any interest. He has a lot more upside than Teddy.

3. They have a second 1st round pick in this year's draft to offer where we would be limited to offering future 1sts beyond #8.

4. The Jets are reportedly his preferred destination and he has a no trade clause so he has to okay any trade before it can be finalized.

Overall, I still think he's the Jets to lose but we're a live dog.

All true. I’m surprised he would want to go there (coach aside). They have no talent on that roster and losing the capital required to get him would make it tough to field a decent team around him. 
You are right though. If he wants to be a Jet, and they really want to go all in on him, he will be a Jet.

Just now, onmyown said:

Dumb. Business was treated like business. Least that’s what the players say when they chase the money. Panthers never sniffed another QB for years letting Cam rehab on the bench...and paid him 60 million to do it then be cut after negotiate couldn’t be had and no one wanted to trade anything for him. Not sure what what kind of creepy butthurt fanboy poo you’re thinking of.

If the Panthers were smart they would’ve told Cam to suck it up, there’ll be no ‘commitment’ and sent him out as a lame duck QB and save TB money.

But I’m sure creepy fanboys would’ve said that was treating him bad too.

Anything other than a family friendly 4 year extension (probably worth at least 100 million) would have made fanboys mad TBH - unfortunately for Panther fans the team as a whole that would have been really fuging stupid.

I can assure you I’m not a Cam Newton fanboy lol. 

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

All true. I’m surprised he would want to go there (coach aside). They have no talent on that roster and losing the capital required to get him would make it tough to field a decent team around him. 
You are right though. If he wants to be a Jet, and they really want to go all in on him, he will be a Jet.

Not surprising that he wants to be a Jet at all. Players these days think beyond the football field. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1