• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos bow out of race for Watson.

Verge

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

No sorry, the Dolphins have a much better argument. See my post above. I’m not discounting what we have, only putting it in perspective and comparison. ‘Talented’ players. If they’re compelling as trade capital that means they’re NOT compelling for Watson only to the Texans.

The Texans do not have to be interested in Darnold or Tua because they’d likely get the 2 or 3 pick in the draft for a new QB. Not so with 8. That is much more appealing for a franchise that *should* be rebuilding.

You guys can keep fooling yourselves saying the Panthers have just as much to offer as the Jets or Dolphins but if you’re considering the circumstances of the no trade clause and that both the Texans AND Watson will have to be satisfied, the Panthers are not remotely in discussion with those two teams unless Watson himself has a urning desire to only play for the Panthers no matter the cost which I find laughable.

It was originally reported that the Texans want two young defensive stars. We have three to four--plus CMC who is a nice piece to dangle in a prospective trade, plus we have three firsts! You can downplay that all you like, but I doubt the Texans are. No, we don't have the extra first, but I'll be damned if we don't have more talent in regards to what the Texans need/want.

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

You won’t find a single legitimate report saying he’s considering the panthers. Not this early. 

If that report is illegitimate--which absolutely NO ONE had said it is, then the reports of him considering the Phins or Jets is just as illegitimate. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I agree that Miami makes the most sense, although I would caution that you might want to consult check the map on the "close to home." The distance between Gainesville, GA and Houston/Miami is about +2 hrs in the favor of Miami. That doesn't fit with that specific point.

I imagine it will ultimately come down to basically two factors, where Watson is willing to go and what is offered. If Watson absolutely does or doesn't want to go to "X" teams, they won't be in it. So whatever teams he is willing to accept being traded to, then it comes down to the bidding war. Maybe we make a bigger offer than the other suitors, maybe not?

We probably won't know until well after the trade is completed who bid what.

A 2 hour plane ride vs a 1 hour and 15 minute plane ride is not going to be the deciding factor (Charlotte vs. Miami). I wasn’t debating Houston, only the idea Watson wants to be close to home. They’re both ‘close’.

Panther could offer everything and Dolphins could offer almost everything and still come out ahead.

The only single, possible deciding factor here is Watson. Does he want so badly to play for the Panthers for non logical reasons only known to him to the point he’d refuse the Dolphins?

I don’t see any logic in that as much as fans really want to think so.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It was originally reported that the Texans want two young defensive stars. We have three to four--plus CMC who is a nice piece to dangle in a prospective trade, plus we have three firsts! You can downplay that all you like, but I doubt the Texans are. No, we don't have the extra first, but I'll be damned if we don't have more talent in regards to what the Texans need/want.

The no trade clause means Watson will have to be happy too. You trade away rookies Burns, Chinn and CMC on a cap strapped, 5-11 team and I’m not sure Watson is going to be on board.

• Beer 1

Just now, onmyown said:

A 2 hour plane ride vs a 1 hour and 15 minute plane ride is not going to be the deciding factor (Charlotte vs. Miami). I wasn’t debating Houston, only the idea Watson wants to be close to home. They’re both ‘close’.

Panther could offer everything and Dolphins could offer almost everything and still come out ahead.

The only single, possible deciding factor here is Watson. Does he want so badly to play for the Panthers for non logical reasons only known to him to the point he’d refuse the Dolphins?

I don’t see any logic in that as much as fans really want to think so.

You can't even say with ANY surety that Miami even is considering this type of move. What you can say with some surety is that Tepper wants Watson and is apparently willing to trade something of import to get him.

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

The no trade clause means Watson will have to be happy too. You trade away rookies Burns, Chinn and CMC on a cap strapped, 5-11 team and I’m not sure Watson is going to be on board.

Sure, but that remains to be seen. We're projected to have plenty of money in 2022.

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

You forgot to add "and the inexcusable, ignorant, inability to adjust during half time to a team that has clearly figured you out by Rivera and Shula.", besides the refs.

It's embarrassing to be associated with people like that who keep blaming refs lol. One minute it's the refs love the Saints and gave them a SB but then when the Rams thing happened all the sudden its crickets.

Refs suck sometimes, Refs miss things sometimes, it happens.

If we double Miller the 14 point swing doesn't happen and that is what we lost by. They got 7 from the strip sack and other than that as well literally one player was the difference in the score of the game. Sure Cotchery caught it but catch it clean and its a non issue. If you ever played sports literally at all you've heard 'dont leave it up to the refs'.
There's a reason that's a saying in every fugin sport at all.

FFS man even with spygate we changed our game plan and came back and almost won because at halftime they said they changed it up and it threw off NE....not one NOT ONE thing was changed before the SB or during halftime. Fans didn't deserve it, the players didn't deserve it, but Rivera and his staff 100% deserved to lose that game. period

Just now, micnificent28 said:

I'm amazed at the huddle.. the normally ultra conservative huddle who doesn't like giving up future assets is ok with giving up 3 first round picks and CMC? I'm all about gambling and even I balk at this idea. I don't want Watson that much. He'll for that price let's try to Nab Lawrence and move up to 1.

3 first and CMC sounds cheap atp.  More like 3 first Burns and 2 2nds.