• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So now there's this...

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You're not listening. I'm not arguing he's not. But the biggest reason is his floor. It's hard to imagine him being an outright bust. Lawrence is the far safer prospect, but don't be shocked if Wilson doesn't end up being the better player... but he's also a lot more likely to be a flat out bust than Lawrence is.

It's hilarious how emotional y'all get over this stuff.

Learn to read English.

🤔

35 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

? A context clue is a hint found within a sentence, paragraph, or passage that a reader can use to understand the meanings of new or unfamiliar words most typically from books. 
Like: 
She was the cynosure of all eyes for the rest of the evening.  cynosure meaning the focus of attention

So your context here would be for from which has many definitions.

preposition: from
  1. indicating the point in space at which a journey, motion, or action starts.
    "she began to walk away from him"
    • indicating the distance between a particular place and another place used as a point of reference.
      "the ambush occurred 50 yards from a checkpoint"
  2. indicating the point in time at which a particular process, event, or activity starts.
    "the show will run from 10 to 2"
  3. indicating the source or provenance of someone or something.
    "I'm from Hartford"
    indicating the date at which something was created.
    "a document dating from the thirteenth century"
  4. indicating the starting point of a specified range on a scale.
    "men who ranged in age from seventeen to eighty-four"
    • indicating one extreme in a range of conceptual variations.
      "anything from geography to literature"
  5. indicating the point at which an observer is placed.
    "you can see the island from here"
  6. indicating the raw material out of which something is manufactured.
    "a varnish made from copal"
  7. indicating separation or removal.
    "the party was ousted from power after sixteen years"
  8. indicating prevention.
    "the story of how he was saved from death"
  9. indicating a cause.
    "a child suffering from asthma"
  10. indicating a source of knowledge or the basis for one's judgment.
    "information obtained from papers, books, and presentations"
  11. indicating a distinction.
    "the courts view him in a different light from that of a manual worker"

So gonna go with 3 as I did. Other than that your sentence has nothing to do with college or being famous or getting famous at, etc.

I'll spell it out for you more carefully next time

11 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I'll spell it out for you more carefully next time

Oh do be sure to use proper definitions too! Wouldn't wanna fug up and not actually be using context clues when you think you are now.

Edited by Fox007

Nah, he has a LOT better physical tools than Jones. He has every physical tool you're looking for, he just doesn't wow in any particular area physically. The biggest question mark on Lawrence is how is he going to look when his team isn't head and shoulders better than the competition, but that's a question about every QB coming out of a powerhouse program.

I was talking about the concerns of having more talent around him than his competition for similarities.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

GTFOH...Lawrence is the top QB in this draft and it is not even close.  Stop drinking the Kool aid on these other guys.

He just doesn't like Sunshine man.  That's cool.  I respect that.  He's certainly a gamble even as talented as he is it's going to take more than just his abilities to prove he belongs in the league. 

I honestly watch very little college football and couldn't tell you anything about a single player in this draft.  I've watched maybe two Clemson games only because that was what the local station chose to carry that particular Saturday.  And honestly I wasn't really "watching" those games.

I personally have no emotional stake in any player they draft.  I enjoy watching these guys this board argue back and forth about their can't miss prospect that they have watched some YouTube highlights on and their years of scouting experience says this kid is going to be a star.

I picked a hell of time to stop drinking.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Shocker said:

So make a call...get off the fence.  You are calling that Zach Wilson is better than Trevor Lawrence?  Right?  If not stop trying to look clever.  Lawrence is better period.

Nobody knows who will be better and fan predictions are irrelevant.  You can be wrong and it doesn't matter. 

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just not sold on Lawrence being this super prospect. Yeah, he checks all the boxes but the vast majority of the time he's ever taken a field his team was head and shoulders better than the competition.

His games against Alabama, Auburn, and anyone else with a Pulse tells me what I need to know.

If you aren't sold on Lawrence, I'm not sure how you believe that anyone else in the draft should be taken above pick 33.

14 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

He just doesn't like Sunshine man.  That's cool.  I respect that.  He's certainly a gamble even as talented as he is it's going to take more than just his abilities to prove he belongs in the league. 

I honestly watch very little college football and couldn't tell you anything about a single player in this draft.  I've watched maybe two Clemson games only because that was what the local station chose to carry that particular Saturday.  And honestly I wasn't really "watching" those games.

I personally have no emotional stake in any player they draft.  I enjoy watching these guys this board argue back and forth about their can't miss prospect that they have watched some YouTube highlights on and their years of scouting experience says this kid is going to be a star.

I picked a hell of time to stop drinking.

Congrats if you really did stop drinking, man. 

29 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

His games against Alabama, Auburn, and anyone else with a Pulse tells me what I need to know.

If you aren't sold on Lawrence, I'm not sure how you believe that anyone else in the draft should be taken above pick 33.

I'm sold on Lawrence as a legit franchise QB. I'm not sold on Lawrence as the generational prospect people make him out to be.