• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ARTICLE: Panthers want to make a run at Deshaun Watson...clearing cap space to do so

WarPanthers89

12 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Burns, Brown, and Chinn are untouchable in any proposed trade IMO. That's the future of our defense, don't destroy what could be great in a couple of years. 

CMC?  Have at it. Somebody let me know the last time a "great" RB had any significant impact on a Super Bowl run.  Because there's about a decade+ of Leonard Fournette and LeGarrette Blount types being starting RBs on teams that win it all. 

Also since we're reading social media tea leaves lately, CMC's Instagram story yesterday was a little odd

Hd Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

A short clip from the Office with Andy saying, "I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them". 

Obviously possibly nothing and CMC reflecting on life, but kind of a random post and maybe not nothing. 

That's seems more obvious to me. This has been all over the interwebs.

46 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

What, winning 4 games?

'Cos if you think we're surrounding him with significantly more talent than the Texans did with no first round pick for 3 years and no Chinn / Brown / Burns, think again.

You can't win with sh¡t! 

As for our talent, I think we are and will be a much more talented team because we have better leadership. If 2020 didn't show you anything else, it should've shown you that Rhule and company can get guys to play above their pay grade. I know that so many if y'all are stuck on the first round, but we don't need first round picks to keep the ship moving in the right direction. The Rams should have shown you that also.

1 hour ago, stan786 said:

If a meddling owner gets us a top 3 Quarterback fine with me.  Though I think its pretty clear Rhule is on the same page with the QB through just listening to him talk about Teddy during the year and offseason.

Bill Belichick wanted to trade Tom Brady and start Jimmy G when he was due for a contract in a year.  Meddling owner Robert Kraft forced Belichick to keep Brady and trade Jimmy G instead.  Result?  Two more Patriot Super Bowl seasons.  

if Tepper wants to meddle for Watson, then meddle away please!

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You can't win with sh¡t! 

As for our talent, I think we are and will be a much more talented team because we have better leadership. If 2020 didn't show you anything else, it should've shown you that Rhule and company can get guys to play above their pay grade. I know that so many if y'all are stuck on the first round, but we don't need first round picks to keep the ship moving in the right direction. The Rams should have shown you that also.

I'm stuck on keeping as many Draft picks as possible, yes.

Sure you can go and try to duplicate what the Rams have done, but I'd much rather follow through with the tried and tested method of building your team through the Draft. 

Rhule got a tune out of players like Smith / Hartfield / Franklin, but c'mon they're not long term options at their positions. They're marginal NFL players. Carter looked less worse than he did under Rivera, but again he's a marginal NFL player.

You can't win with too many of those on your roster - which is what we have now. 

• Pie 2

56 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Burns, Brown, and Chinn are untouchable in any proposed trade IMO. That's the future of our defense, don't destroy what could be great in a couple of years. 

CMC?  Have at it. Somebody let me know the last time a "great" RB had any significant impact on a Super Bowl run.  Because there's about a decade+ of Leonard Fournette and LeGarrette Blount types being starting RBs on teams that win it all. 

Also since we're reading social media tea leaves lately, CMC's Instagram story yesterday was a little odd

Guess which players the Texans would want? Burns, Brown, Chinn. That's how it is - they're dictating the price.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Guess which players the Texans would want? Burns, Brown, Chinn. That's how it is - they're dictating the price.

I would say that the Texans wishes will be a determining factor in the price, but the market and Deshaun Watson's willingness to play hardball (including determining where and where he won't play) will ultimately be the primary dictatorial force in regards to price.

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Your rebuild gets a snort of coke with someone like Watson. No first round draft pick will ever have the impact of a true top franchise QB. Greenbay will always compete with Rodgers. No draft pick like Shaq, Brown, Moore, even CMC will ever allow you to compete unless you have a QB that can change the game. Only then do the puzzle pieces fit in, and Rhule has shown the ability to coach up players into the system. You can’t coach up a franchise QB, but you can the pieces around him.

Im not anti Watson but if what you're saying is true why did the Texans suck so bad last year with the type of season Watson had? Don't fool yourself its a team game.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 5

I say, go for it

by and Large, the Panthers have mostly hit on their number one picks 

how many lombardis do they have as a result? 

watson is young, proven and by large has stayed healthy 

Can’t win in the new nfl without a QB1 

of course, he may not wish to come here, who knows 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1