• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ARTICLE: Panthers want to make a run at Deshaun Watson...clearing cap space to do so

WarPanthers89

5 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I say, go for it

by and Large, the Panthers have mostly hit on their number one picks 

how many lombardis do they have as a result? 

watson is young, proven and by large has stayed healthy 

Can’t win in the new nfl without a QB1 

of course, he may not wish to come here, who knows 

I don’t think he would want to come here after we trade away our draft assets and he has to play behind a o-line that can’t protect him. Also we’ll have a defense that gives up 30+ a game cause we traded away our future. How is this attractive to Watson?

7 minutes ago, ncbob said:

I don’t think he would want to come here after we trade away our draft assets and he has to play behind a o-line that can’t protect him. Also we’ll have a defense that gives up 30+ a game cause we traded away our future. How is this attractive to Watson?

The attractiveness is the talented players on the roster that won’t be involved in the trade, and the massive amount of cap space we are about have over the next year. Of the 6 tradable players... at most only 2 of them wil be involved in the deal. The cap space we are creating isn’t just to take on DW’s contract but the potential of picking up two more key players as well... and don’t forget the veterans that will be affordable during the roster trimmings that occur bc of the reduced cap.

this roster literally could be flipped over night into a contender, and DW would be the first domino to fall. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Im not anti Watson but if what you're saying is true why did the Texans suck so bad last year with the type of season Watson had? Don't fool yourself its a team game.

I’m not a fool, I know you have to have a team around a franchise guy, but comparing the Texans to a normal team isn’t fair either. They did nothing to build around him, as a matter of fact they traded away one of the best WR in the game for peanuts along with other terrible trades. The entire organization was bad from gm, to coaches, to the people they put around Watson. He put up MVP numbers despite how horrible the team was. You plug his numbers into our offense last season and we are easily a playoff team

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, ncbob said:

I get the concern however....

There are seven rds in the nfl draft, six more after we give up the first 

we would be fine.  The best teams find value in rds 2 through seven and that’s way Fitterer was brought here 

the panthers have historically failed in rds 2 through 7 and that is why there are no back to back winning seasons 

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I'm all in on bringing Watson here but CMC should not be part of the bargain.  It's been said that Houston wants defensive players included in the deal.  I think Burns is more of an option (which I don't want to see) than CMC. 

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, PootieNunu said:

He is just telling the Truth. If we get Watson, I dont think CMC is part of the deal just based on contract numbers.

Who knows we maybe willing to eat the dead cap.

I’m not saying anything towards Voth but Scot is so negative, nothing ever good. Just I’ve tried to change my attitude from old and he keeps this crap up.

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

He is just telling the Truth. If we get Watson, I dont think CMC is part of the deal just based on contract numbers.

Trading McCaffrey would basically cost them all the cap space they've just cleared and leave little money for other things (like tagging Moton) on a team that has a lot of needs.

So...kinda doubt it.

Newsflash:  Tepper is not the only person on Mint St. who sees the connection between winning in the NFL and the QB position.  If your boss walked in and said, "You sold 5 widgets last year.  I want you to sell 10 widgets next year.  And you knew that the others who sold 10 widgets had something they call the "Widgetblaster 2020", you would go out and get a "Widgetblaster 2020".  That is not the owner meddling.  That is caused motivation.

Edited by MHS831

13 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

That dood has pre elementary school levels of comprehension, he's being ignored by most people at this point.

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Ah fug that's not cool...the only other option would be Burns and I sure as f*ck wouldn't want to give up what little we have on defense in leu of an offensive player when adding to the trade talks.

Chinn, Djax, YGM? I would hate to see Chinn go, but it’s better than Burns. 

• Pie 1