• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ARTICLE: Panthers want to make a run at Deshaun Watson...clearing cap space to do so

WarPanthers89

12 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

He is just telling the Truth. If we get Watson, I dont think CMC is part of the deal just based on contract numbers.

Who knows we maybe willing to eat the dead cap.

I don't think he would be part of the deal either.   Watson will want to come to a place that has weapons and trading CMC would be counterproductive. 

7 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Anyone thay wouldn't take dashaun on this team is insane. No matter the cost... You have to have a franchise qb. And he's one of the absolute best

Taking him on the team is easy. It's the "any cost" part that would worry me.

Geoff Schwartz actually got into it with some Panther fans over the idea that Watson alone is enough.

• Pie 2

Every team cuts players this time of year. Not sure why any move like this always fires off a flurry of rumors. 

If we end up trading our future for Watson then we'll never finish the rebuild and it will say that what our coach planned for was basically flushed down the toilet because Tepper thought he could buy a Lombardi trophy.

He could have done that last year when Brady was on the market had he wanted to.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

The Panthers cut players they didn't want anymore. That's it

My ultimate dream is that lance drops to us at 8 and sits a year. We seem to be a team built to challenge teams after two more offseason/drafts to re tool all the remaining holes. This way we go into 2022 in great shape with cap after Teddy is cut, and a rookie QB wage for another 4 years, along with plenty of money to build around him. 

With all that being said, have you heard anything else about a Moton? Is he still asking much more than the Panthers are willing to pay? Seems like it could be a one year rental 

24 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

With all that being said, have you heard anything else about a Moton? Is he still asking much more than the Panthers are willing to pay? Seems like it could be a one year rental 

They're very much going after Watson but these moves weren't for him. 

Nothing since the new GM. Seems they're going to try and sign him but most likely a FT. 

• Flames 1

15 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Nothing since the new GM. Seems they're going to try and sign him but most likely a FT. 

I feel like its a given now that Moton will be back now.

But with the amount of cap $$ opened (I believe I saw we're top 6 in the league)

What's your feeling on Curtis Samuel?

Or do you think we may use some of this $$ elsewhere at another position.  Like tapping into this FA CB crop (Patrick Peterson, Xavier Rhodes, etc)

Edited by ncfan

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

But with the amount of cap $$ opened (I believe I saw we're top 6 in the league)

Or do you think we may use some of this $$ elsewhere at another position.  Like tapping into this FA CB crop (Patrick Peterson, Xavier Rhodes, etc)

IF we end up getting Watson, my number 1 priority in free agency immediately becomes Trent Williams.

Everything else goes out the window. Properly protecting Watson is priority number 1.

6 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Still don't think Curtis will be here. They already tried - he wants to be more than a WR3

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

How much do you know about them going after Watson. I mean if they didn’t clear up a lot of that space they couldn’t go after him right?

1 minute ago, RoaringRiot said:

His cap hit is like $10M next season. They were always moving on from those players. 

We seem to be at that stage in the offseason where if a team official orders coffee, it means we're going after Player X.

Feels like we got to that point earlier than usual this year.