• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Little....

ncfan

Does anyone think that if there is a higher iOL or Defensive player overall on the board rds 2-4, that Rhule skips OT and gives Little another shot.

I have been the biggest Little Critic since he came out.

But i will admit, he Has shown a few flashes at times.

Has anyone heard anything about his health as well recently? @Zod @RoaringRiot @Verge

• Pie 2

I mean hes has a contract, we are super thin at the position and its year 3 for him. I see no reason to not keep him until at least the end of training camp. I think people forget that a lot of what was said about Little around draft time was that he was a great athlete with great size, Little has good feet but the rest of his technique needs work. Which is why he was taken too high. Let this staff work with him for a year or two and see what they can make of his skills. They seem more capable of molding him them our last staff, which couldn't build up a o-line player to save their jobs.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, DeSim said:

The flashes he has shown is mostly, if not all on running downs.  His issues are on pass protection, big issues.  He should be kept around, but just as a backup...definitely need to find someone else to be the starter, he's not it.

This, 100%.  He's not playable because he has too many downs where he just absolutely whiffs on his assignment in pass blocking.  You can get away with that on occasion, but not a couple times a game.

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

I mean hes has a contract, we are super thin at the position and its year 3 for him. I see no reason to not keep him until at least the end of training camp. I think people forget that a lot of what was said about Little around draft time was that he was a great athlete with great size, Little has good feet but the rest of his technique needs work. Which is why he was taken too high. Let this staff work with him for a year or two and see what they can make of his skills. They seem more capable of molding him them our last staff, which couldn't build up a o-line player to save their jobs.

The fact that he's been a healthy scratch is every reason why you move on from him.

• Pie 1

This is his make or break year.  He's going in healthy with a little experience, but most importantly, if Rhule and his crew can't teach him enough to be relevant, he may not even make year 4.

Rhule and crew have thrived on teaching players who have the physical tools but haven't been coached right.  I'm pulling for him, at least to be a starting guard if he can't play tackle.  We'll see.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2