• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Little....

ncfan

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The fact that he's been a healthy scratch is every reason why you move on from him.

I get it as a gut reaction but he was injured his rookie year and last year he showed flashes. I think that lines up with a player who has raw talent but needs to hone his skills. I understand he was picked earlier then he needed to be but everyone isn't going to come in and produce in year 1/2. It takes time and you have to give him that. I'm also not saying time is going to make him a better player, that's up to him and the coaches, but we need the time to find out and by time I mean this year. He needs to put together a consistent year of at least average play.

I really think if he was taken in the 3rd it wouldn't be this hot of an issue, but Marty had to Marty. The cost is spent the only value that matters now is what he can add to the team.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think Little's body is half as big a problem as his brain.

Last year, if somebody wasn't running right at him or directly in his path, he just stood there having no idea what to do.

That's not a profile that says "successful guard" to me.

No.  Anyone who researched him and watched him would dismiss him as a G.  He was a boom or bust LT.  He busted.  You do not experiment with a LT if you have your future QB back there.  Not only does it get the QB hurt if he gets hit, but just KNOWING Little is on the left side can cause the QB to hurry a throw or flinch when the clock in his head hits 3 seconds..

3 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

He looked promising before injuries. I think the huddle opinion of him is at partially based just on him being a Hurney second round pick, and not entirely objective. No reason to count him out entirely at this point in his career.

He was not good last year. But did show flashes in previously. His concussion history though is the most concerning part 1-2 more and he is done.

Edited by Harbingers

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

He looked promising before injuries. I think the huddle opinion of him is at partially based just on him being a Hurney second round pick, and not entirely objective. No reason to count him out entirely at this point in his career.

Injuries didn't affect his brain.

Even factoring in practice time out, he looked absolutely lost way more times than he should have last season. That's why he got benched for an undrafted guy.

Add in that while I actually disagree with the notion that he looked better pre-injury, even accepting that premise, you can't get the "pre-injury" guy back. He is what he is now.

3 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

You wouldn't have to cut him if you weren't stupid enough to draft him to start with. He's a bust and watching his turnstile technique of blocking isn't going to make it better.

Last year was his 2nd year in the league. He was raw coming in and everyone knew it would take time, as it usually does with offensive linemen taking outside of the Top 10.

People seem to forget that the developmental curve for offensive linemen is far steeper than all skill positions.

• Poo 1